GH: OLTL Actress Joins

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LMAO it really is! Epic.

I feel like maybe they're bringing Flo over to wrap up the two Todds story because TSJ couldn't or wouldn't. I'm not gonna lie, I'm far less interested in a Tea cameo (if that's what it is) if we can't see her reunite with Victor on screen.

• Members

Cuba Gooding Jr. Yikes! He has had the worse luck choosing roles since Jerry Maguire. Talk about a promising acting career gone down the tubes. And another lawyer show. Ugh. Oh well, maybe it will work out. Thanks for the info.

• Members

Yeah, I've always loved Flo. I have so many scars from the first TnT/TnB wars. That said, I lost a LOT of respect for her because of the way she handled Tea's "death" in the press but I still want the best for her. I'd like to see her get away from the clusterfuck that is ABC Daytime but if that clusterfuck helps fund her next play then I can't blame her.

What exactly is GH's taping schedule like? Can I assume that they are implementing the famous Valentini Model?

• Members

I think she's more likely to be focused on Todd. I can see her working with Sonny to bring Todd down, which would cause tension with Starr.

Looking back at that I end up feeling sorry for FL and VI, as there was no real way to handle that type of gimmick. I still can't believe someone at ABC thought that would bring up ratings. This isn't like 1982 when people went wild over Marlena Evans being throttled.

• Members

I'm pleased. If they're going to insist on keeping this storyline going with the OLTLers on GH, I was hoping they'd bring both her and Trevor on to close out that story. I've always liked Florencia and enjoyed Tea, the crazy bitch.

As long as KDP returns to finish her story with Todd, I'm good. I also don't understand how anyone could "lose respect" for Florencia for (gasp!) lying to the bought and paid for soap press as part of a garden-variety ratings stunt that all soaps have always done. Remember Marlena "dying" on Friday at the hands of the Salem Strangler, only for it to turn out to be Samantha? Sami's execution? Victor's execution on OLTL? Sometimes the actors are recruited by the show to play along in the press for the benefit of hyping the audience. It happens in primetime, too - people make-believe to keep eyes watching. It's no big deal. I'm not sure how this is supposed to be some shocking betrayal of audience trust - TV has been playing this game with actors and cliffhangers since time immemorial. What was she supposed to say? "I'm totally not dying, guys"?

• Members

Oh, the issue with FL was her covering for Tea's "death." I had forgotten all about that brouhaha. I never had an opinion on that one way or the other.

I wonder where all the money is coming from to pay these ex-OLTL actors and to put FH on contract. I can believe that they are making minimum salaries, but GH has got to be cutting back somewhere beyond the salary cuts for the current cast. Perhaps, they are culling the crew and the shooting schedule.

• Members

I was never really buying that she was going to buy it in that tumor storyline anyway. It was such a huge showcase.

I remember rumors spilling out before that began - and before, it seems, that much of the 2009 storyboards were rewritten - claiming that VicTodd, Tea and Danielle were going to figure into the Mitch Laurence mess, and that Tea was going to die as a result of that. That I could have believed, because of the way things were breaking story-wise at the time; TSJ and FL's airtime dramatically downshifted. But in the tumor story? I wasn't really believing it. I figured she'd stay alive.

Archived