GH: OLTL Actress Joins

• Members

I think it's still awesome that Finola is on contract! I wonder where Valentini found the budget, she could not have come cheap.

The promo shot when Finola announced her triumphant Daytime return (and last time she was on contract at ABC):

Anna.jpg

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So we get more of PodAnna, complete with heavily rewritten past, who abandons her granddaughter to go hang out with the town child killer and Det. Droopy Dawg?

Yay.

With that said, I think it's for the best if they don't bring anyone over from OLTL. Natalie is too good a character to be used to prop the heavy breathers, and I don't care about the Victor story.

• Members

Isn't this from Staying Alive? Why on earth would she want to forget that role? It is definitely her biggest. She got to dance which she loves and she worked with John Travolta. Now Travolta probably does want to forget it. LOL!

• Members

I'm glad Finola is on contract. I've always liked her. I even enjoyed her campy soap opera novel, even though it mocked La Lucci, but I'm not particularly thrilled with the storyline she has right now. I hope it gets better for her, and soon.

But yeah... I still call BS on that being the big casting news. That's not "big" news.

• Members

I am beginning to have the same feeling, something must have fallen through. I guess all we can do is speculate; I just cannot think of a return that would be considered "huge" news anymore. Even if Genie Francis were to jump ship from Y&R, I think LnL reunions have lost some of their novelty. Perhaps Mr. Wagner was in final negotiations to reprise Frisco with ABC to provide promotion for DWTS, but his early departure caused him to change his mind?

• Webmaster

As I said, the person they were/are talking to is "eh" in regards to "big" or "huge" casting news. Again, wonderful person...not so much a shock as far as possibly joining GH.

As for Hughes, I'm happy to hear that she's on contract but Valentini making it seem like that was his big news is just not right. Although, what could he do?

• Members

I've always said that "big," "exciting," etc...is in the eye of the beholder. One person's big news is somebody else's reason to quit watching.

I'm glad for Finola if this is what she wants. A woman over 40 being treated like she matters is a refreshing change at ABC.

I still think this means GH is headed for the chopping block though.

Archived