Soap stars who left their marriages for a co-star

• Members

After reading the Beth Ehlers thread, I couldn't help but be reminded of how some soap stars have left their marriages (usually married to people not in the TV industry) for a co-star they fell in love with. While some decisions have proven successful, others ended messy (i.e. Ehlers). Let's dish smile.png

GL's Wendy Moniz (ex-Dinah) and Frank Grillo (ex-Hart). Still happily married with children today. I remember he was married and already had a son when he left her for Wendy. Don't remember what Wendy's status was before she met Frank.

DAYS' Crystal Chappell (ex-Carly) and Michael Sabatino (ex-Lawrence). I think one or both were married at the time they met and fell in love.

Who else?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eva LaRue left John O'Hurley for John Callahan. Kind of ironic that she and her ex were both on AMC again in the final week.

Charles Frank (ex Jeff Martin) left his wife for Susan Blanchard, who played his character's wife, Mary Kennicott. I think she may have been involved with someone else as well. They married in the late 70s and are still together.

• Members

She has said she fell in love with immediately, when she was still married to her first husband, but I'm not sure if it ended her marriage (trivia: she wore her first wedding dress onscreen when Gabrielle married Steve Holden). There were rumors her first husband abused her.

As for the DePaivas, I've never known how long it was before they got together, or if there was any affair when they were still married to their spouses. I do know that they have both said that once she joined the show, their chemistry was hard to avoid (which had to make their infamous first love scene in Atlantic City during the gambling storyline VERY interesting).

They eloped in 1996 in Kassie's hometown (Morganfield, KY), and then had a more formal ceremony a few weeks later so James' daughter Dreama could be there (she was about four--that's his daughter with Misty).

Interestingly enough, they actually met in about 1990 when she was performing at a bar. He complimented her on one of her songs, but she thought he was being cocky. And anyway, they were both married!

Did Misty Rowe ever remarry? Kassie's first husband was Richard Hankins, who was a production/crew member on GL when she was there (and later on NYPD Blue, which began around the same time Kassie joined OLTL).

Speaking of which, I guess the Gabrielle/Tony love scene occurred when they still in the attraction phase, too, when she was still with her first husband.

• Members

You know, you're always an arrogant idiot. I've met Peter Simon and his wife Courtney and they have been married for over 30 years and love each other and are THE most kindest people. So, to answer your ignorant question, Courtney Sherman would find Peter Simon 'hot' and marry him, and they are still together. They have had a wonderful life together, thank you.

Archived