February 6-10, 2011

Toups

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Despite all the chastizing of GH's lead in , their 18-49 demo which is all that matters in terms of ad dollars is in the same range its been in even prior to its alleged great OLTL lead in. GH has been in the .9 to 1.0 range for months now. I'm not saying its good but OLTL's lead in being gone also is not a factor. All it proves is that overall GH still percentagewise still has the youngest skewing audience.

Good to see B&B hold steady.

Days demos are dreadful. Even Higley was better and the show with decent stories on paper still seems to lack a feeling of good pace and the buildup to and reveals disappointing.

• Members

No the topic of this thread is ratings with that heading and I stand by what I said which is that GH's demos have not suffered greatly from the poor lead in. I am not even defending The Revolution, its a wretched show, but it's also not the show with the 50 year fanbase. But I doubt we'll ever agree on that so we can just agree to disagree.

• Administrator

The show is still doing very well. Of course you're going to get a drop after hitting some highs. You can't expect the show to consistently get 3.6 million a week. You just hope they don't have a free fall. You have to keep up the Hope/Liam/Steffy/Bill/Katie story going and hope that at the next big revelation/event, the show can get near the numbers again. It's a slow build.

• Members

I thought it was time to panic years ago with DAYS. IMO Days is just unfixable anymore. No one is watching, and their demos are about to go BELOW 500,000. Not good. Not good at all. DAYS is a gone come 2013. There is just no way it will stay on air after. Period.

I gotta say even with a HORRIBLE lead in GH has been steady 600,000 in the demos is what it has been getting even with OLTL as a lead in. But that Total Viewer....Not good....Not good. Goes to show you GH skews younger.

Archived