Whitney Houston dead at 48!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know the girl personally, but from what I saw of her when she last appeared on O, she struck me as a child who was not as grown as she perhaps fancied herself. She may have matured in the short years since, but still, I see very much a child regardless of her chronological age who will be expected to give an adult interview that I don't think she's ready for. But I guess we'll see...

• Members

I'm not familiar with OWN's programming, but admittedly, I thought it was too bad that TOWS was no longer on the air when I thought of the inevitable family interview after Whitney passed. So I guess she'll get it anyway, just on cable. But damn, was NOT expecting it this soon. I can't help but wonder how this went down. I mean, I doubt she hugged Cissy at the funeral and whispered, "Hey, if you ever wanna talk..." but even having one of her people make that call, yikes, it would have to be approached so delicately... even given their past relationship.

• Members

She has a policy of not paying guests, so who knows... However, and I say this as someone who was left money by his mother who was not nor ever was a multi-millionaire... BK is now an adult. She still has a living father. Her mother had some money at the time of her death and will continue to get residuals. I feel for her, I truly do, but people lose their parents all the time, parents who didn't have two dimes to rub together. I find it a little insulting that such a fuss is being made about her financial stability. This is why children need to be prepared for the world.

• Members

Michael Buble (or some dude) did a nice remake tribute of Exhale (Shoop, Shoop) today on Ellen. ETA: It was Robin Thicke, not Michael.

Extra: Whitney's sister-in-law tells Oprah she can't say she believes Bobby introduced Whitney to drugs. That the worlds "reality" and the reality are two very different things.

I thought this was going to be all fluff, especially due to "Mother Theresa" SIL, but I guess not.