Whitney Houston dead at 48!

• Members

Was it a new episode? For some reason, I thought that they were rerunning an earlier episode from last year or before. If it is new, then I'll catch it at some point.

Re: Cissy's aversion to Whitney's (alleged) homosexuality. I can't say that I'm surprised that she'd say that, as she never struck me as the kind of woman that'd have a live and let live outlook when it came to this. I'm not sure how I feel about the claim (as per what I'd read in the Jezebel comment section) that she had a long history of being homophobic, though....

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

After watching that Cissy interview on OWN, I checked out some online clips of The Houstons: On Our Own. It made me SO SAD to see how Bobbi was brushing off her grandmother. I don't see Cissy's book as disrespectful, or trying to "cash in" on their family tragedy (Pat, OTOH...). I think Cissy is devastated, alone, trying to work through her grief, and trying to get the last word, so to speak, on her beloved daughter. What's been said about Whitney for practically the last two decades of her life has been terribly disparaging and I think Cissy just wants the world to know who her daughter was at her very best.

• Members

Honestly, I don't think Cissy even knew who the real Whitney was for a good part of the last 15-20 years of Whitney's life.

We'll never get it, but that's why I think Robyn's "testimony" is the missing piece in this Whitney blitz. By all accounts, that was the defining relationship in Whitney's adult life (before their supposed falling out), regardless if it was anything sexual or not.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I agree. I think she would rather focus on and lift up her daughter's best and brightest qualities as she knew them.

I think what was said/unsaid in that OWN interview and by Robyn and others really says it all. I think Cissy has her gut instincts re: the Robyn relationship but without solid proof she'll leave it at, "I don't know for sure."