Whitney Houston dead at 48!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Having read the coroner's report Whitney Houston's death was far more grisly and pathetic than it first appeared.

She had major burns on her back from the bathtub water, water that was scalding hot hours after she was discovered. She also had some bruises and cuts on her. She was also found face down in the tub so here's the inference: she took her hit of cocaine, had the water running, had a heart incident (not attack but palpitation, fluttering, angina), fell forward into the bathtub coked out, with alcohol, marijuana and prescriptions going through her veins and she drowned.

So sad and ultimately such a pathetic way to die.

• Members

The coroners report did not say the water was still running, it only said that the water was scalding hot hours after the body had been removed. A lot of higher end bathtubs, particularly in a hotel like the Beverly Hilton, have overflow drains at the rim of the tub (much like a sink does) to prevent overflow.

• Members

Yeah, that's the tristate are local MyNetwork news. Apparently, Brenda Blackmon is a friend of the family.

I have a hard time imagining no one noticing that the water was running for that long. The sound of bath water and shower water running is different, and when we turn on the water to fill a tub, it's coming out loud, strong, and plentiful, so overflow seems natural, especially given the fact that she fell in. Even with an overflow hole, those holes can't always "catch up" in time to water running. I don't know. I'm not implying anything, just trying to wrap my brain around it. Still very hard for me to imagine ignoring someone being in the bathroom, let alone tub, for that long.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Did you guys hear the Joan Rivers controversy? She wrote in her recent book:

"I hate Houston ... it's crawling with bugs. Oh, wait, that's Whitney Houston; I'm sorry, my bad. (Can I just mention that Whitney looked fabulous at the Grammys? She was in mahogany from head to toe.)"

I did not think it was funny and found it classless and too soon for a joke like that

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/18/joan-rivers-whitney-houston-joke-too-far_n_1527614.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

From Jezebel:

It's been nearly a year since Whitney Houston was found dead—after drowning in a hotel bathtub from the effects of chronic cocaine use and heart disease—and now Cissy Houston is sharing the intimate details of her daughter's life, both good and bad, in her new book Remembering Whitney. More than anything, Cissy comes across not as a grieving mother, but as a cranky old lady who hates everything.

The book starts out with Cissy being annoyed that someone rang her doorbell while she was busy inside her apartment, which really sets the tone for the book and gets the reader acquainted with the real Cissy and how she truly feels about things. Here, we present the best quotes from her book.

On marijuana:

On drugs:

On Nelson Mandela:

Edited by VirginiaHamilton

• Members

"Sometimes you have to just tell people to kiss your ass and keep on walking." I tried to explain that to her, but she'd just say, "Mommy you don't like anybody."

"What bricks?" I'd snap. "You ain't never lived in no damn projects! You ain't from no bricks. You're gonna get a brick upside your head."

"They Named her Bobbi Kristina-which wasa a hell of a lot better than what they'd initially chosen for her. A few days earlier, when I had asked Bobby and Nippy what they were naming the baby, Bobby said some kind of crazy name I couldn't even pronounce-Tekatia, or Takeka, or some mess like that."

I am sitting here CTFU because she sounds like my mom or my aunt when they get upset.

I wanted to start a thread the other day about the Cissy Oprah interview, so I'm glad that you bumped this one. Did anyone watch it? A lot of people are up in arms that Cissy said she'd be upset if Whitney had been gay. Not exactly a PC answer, but an honest one nonetheless. Cissy was in the biz and in the black church, she certainly knew and liked gay people. But she's still a very religious woman of a certain age with old school values about homosexuality. It's one thing for a fellow singer or church member to be gay, but that was NOT for one of her children. I don't agree with it, but I understand the mentality.