Whitney Houston dead at 48!

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avtj8tdpr5Y

I'm a little ashamed to say I'm totally shaking my stuff to this right now. I loved the dance music in the late 80s, early 90s. I remember when I was maybe 7 or 8 a lot of the big dance names (like George Lamond) were performing at Flushing Meadow Park in Queens. Me and my sister watched politely from a distance while my cousin ran to front of the stage and got herself autographs.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

LOL, I miss these days too, tunes were so catchy and fun. Mostly reminds me of riding in the car with my mom and brother. I don't drive much these days and I really think that's why I'm so out of it when it comes to what the hot songs are right now.

"I'm out the door babe'uh! There's other fish.in.the.sea!"

Carl, I thought of you today when I was watching the homecoming. I was hoping they'd march in to this:

http://www.rhapsody.com/artist/aretha-franklin/album/amazing-grace-the-complete-recordings/track/on-our-way

• Members

You're welcome. smile.png You are not alone, this one is always in my head too, it's those claps! I'm not a regular church goer like I was as a kid, but I remember the chills when we'd all stand and the doors in the rear of the church would swing open and the choir would march in to a song like that.

• Members

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vgFAq9Q8l8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think it is nice he didn't know the song but learned it just to pay tribute to someone he didn't really overlap with musically at all. And the crowd reaction was nice when they all realized what he was singing. This touched me more than the others I have seen for some reason.

Edited by quartermainefan

• Members

That is so beautiful - it's chilling. Thanks for letting us know about that. The program is impeccably done.

So apparently there's some controversy about Aretha not being able to attend but still doing a concert? I wonder if Aretha feels comfortable when so many of those who were supposed to be her successors are instead dying before her.