ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I saw an old episode of The Facts Of Life and saw the boy Jo was studying/going out with was played by Shawn Stevens. I looked him up ( I look up just about every actor on old shows to see what their up to now) and found a recent article about him. He is a Mormon and talked about his career and how he left it behind in the late 80's. He said he was interested in coming back to acting. He has grown children and grand children now. He has a you tube page where he has posted some of his work including 2 segments of when he was on DOOL circa 1982.

I never watched Days (was always a Y&R/CBS soap watcher), but the clips had him arguing with his sister who appeared to be some sort of a trouble maker. She was calling his character Oliver. What was the storyline about and was it short lived ?

• Members

Yes, his character was Oliver and was never developed.He worked with the original Melissa (Debbie Lytton).The writers made Gwen his sister.She was getting involved with Don and it was revealed she was sleeping out of her office.The cleaning woman was revealed to be her mother Esther.Hot shot singer Woody King was another brother, and the family had splintered due to trying to escape their criminal dad Orby Jensen.It seemed like a desperate move to tie these characters together and was never followed through.

According to Jason's page Oliver was on 31 times in 82 and 43 times in 83 which is quite a bit but I can't recall in what context.

• Members

Your right, it was one clip. I thought it was two since they were different scenes strung together. The other clips listed are from his other TV appearances. That clip from that movie he did with Jennifer Jason Leigh in a bad wig is 80's after school specials at it's campiest.

• Members

Thanks for the info. Gwen sleeping in her office sounds off the wall and the entire plot complicated. I figured he was short lived since he didn't have a whole lot from DOOL posted. I mainly remember him being one of those teen stars that made the guest rounds like Clark Brandon and Greg Bradford who's careers were short lived and now long forgotten.

• Members

Jamie Dornan was cast in the 50 Shades movie.

Via We Love Soaps - Stephen Schnetzer makes an appeal to soap fans to come see his play.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2013/10/stephen-schnetzers-message-for-soap-fans.html

Linda Dano is going to be on Celebrity Ghost Stories tomorrow.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2013/10/linda-dano-celebrity-ghost-stories.html

• Members

In the season premiere of The Revolution -- one month ago now -- a character hooked up with the show's heroine after serving her drinks in a bar. The actor seemed so familiar to me, but I couldn't place him. I just realized that it was Blake Hood (ex-Kyle, Y&&R). I only saw him a few times, but he seemed to look quite different on The Revolution:

http://greginhollywood.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/rev13.png

• Members

3 Day Christmas Also Known As: 3 Day Test is set to premiere on UP TV on November 22, 2013

Writer/Director Corbin Bernsen (25 Hill, Rust) presents a fun-filled family comedy starring George Newbern (Father of the Bride movies), Megyn Price (Rules of Engagement), and Taylor Spreitler (Days of our Lives).

Martin Taylor has totally lost touch with his family. He has no clue who his teenage daughter's friends are, why his son only communicates with an electronic sign outside his bedroom door, or why his youngest child only watches faith TV. Convinced the family needs to reconnect, Martin surprises the wife and kids with a little experiment-he locks them in their own home with no power, no heat, no running water, and absolutely no contact with the world outside! The sudden holiday staycation isn't what the Taylors had in mind for the weekend, but they'll have to team up to prove they can survive Dad's wacky mission. With a heartfelt message and some persistence, one little member of the family helps put their priorities back in the pews, because they'll need all the faith they have to get through this!

• 2 weeks later...