ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Members

For those who are interested, here is some of Ms. Uggams' work on AMC.  Uggams portrayed Rose Keefer, who was Belinda (Amelia Marshall) and Noah's (Keith Hamilton Cobb) mother.  Years before, for reasons I cannot remember, she had left her kids for her sister-in-law, Grace (Lynne Thigpen), to raise.  Now, Rose was back in Pine Valley, but trouble had followed her in the form of her criminal husband.  Belinda, Noah and his wife, Julia (Sydney Penny), were all caught in the line of fire, forcing Noah, Julia and Rose to enter the Witness Protection Program.

I know I do not say much about mid- and late-'90's AMC, but I think Lorraine Broderick and her team - and Jeff Beldner, Hal Corley, Frederick Johnson and Michelle Patrick, in particular - should be commended for this material, because they did such a beautiful job writing for this group of characters.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Errol changed the title to ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?
  • Members
Posted (edited)

Connor Paolo (Travis O'Connell, OLTL and Gossip Girl) and Jonathan Bennett (J.R., AMC) are playing(?)* gay again in the dreadful-looking slasher Fire Island for Showtime, which doesn't look nearly as fun as the underrated Hulu romcom of the same name and also regrettably features str8 couples on Fire Island.

(* - we all know Bennett is gay, I just assume the jury was out on Connor Paolo)

Edited by Vee

• Members

Someone must have gotten them completely in order, because it now clumsily mentions her winning two Daytime Emmys for OLTL.

I have a "Where were they then?" featuring Bryan Dattilo affecting a horrendous Mississippi accent for a 1991 guest role on In the Heat of the Night

• Members

Oh, Lord, yes, lol.  I laughed so hard listening to him.  Then again, I laughed pretty hard at pretty much every actor who wasn't from the area where they shot but who gamely tried the accent anyway.

• Members

I definitely sent in a snarky comment about the daytime Emmy "apparently not being a REAL Emmy" which they didn't post, so I get the feeling there were more people who were less than pleased than what we're seeing.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Filed under why parasocial relationships are not real:

Please register in order to view this content

TOWNSEND, Mass. — A 64-year-old Townsend woman has been charged with attempted murder, accused of trying to poison her husband after a scammer impersonating soap opera star Thorsten Kaye of “The Bold and the Beautiful” texted her to “get rid of your husband honey,” police said.

Roxanne Doucette, 64, of Townsend is charged with attempted murder, intimidation of a witness, juror, police or court official; resisting arrest, and assault and battery on a police officer, court documents show.

The daughter “was going through all the messages in Roxanne’s phone with the scammer, to send screenshots to” police, Marchand wrote.“When she did, she came upon messages that she felt indicated that Roxanne might have poisoned her husband,” police said in their report. The daughter showed police screenshots from text messages that were sent on Friday, Dec. 1, 2023, court documents show.

“One of the messages from “Thorsten” stated ‘You have to get rid of your husband honey. I need you so much,’” police wrote in their report. “Roxanne stated that she needed to do some thinking.”

“At 2:34pm she responds that she is ‘”Making an amazing soup. Special potion. He will be hungry when he gets back. Just enough for him,’” police wrote in their report. “At 4:26pm, Roxanne goes on to say ‘Hubby got back not feeling well. Maybe I can collect life insurance.” Thorsten responds “Honey when will that be?” Roxanne says “Don’t know.”

At approximately 5:11 p.m. Friday, Dec. 1, 2023, Roxanne called 911 for her husband, police said. The report was for a 73-year-old unresponsive man who was still breathing, with a cardiac history. Doucette advised emergency responders that her husband “was very dizzy earlier and is currently sitting in a chair, mumbling, not making sense.” An ambulance took her husband to a local hospital.

When her father later regained consciousness, the daughter told police that she had asked him about what happened on Friday. Her father “stated that Roxanne made him soup, but that it wasn’t very good. He stated that it tasted bitter,” police wrote in their report.

When police spoke with Doucette, she “stated that she had told (her husband) that she was going on a retreat. She then came clean about the fact that she was not going on a retreat and told (her husband) about the person she was messaging,” Marchand wrote in his report. “She stated that she thought she was talking to a star, and that she had always wanted to meet a star.”

Some of y'all (and we all know who), need a reminder of what to believe online.
Edited by j swift