ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Members

Just watched the HBO doco 'Rock Hudson All That Heaven Allowed' and in addition to Frances Reid popping up in the first few minutes in a scene from 'Seconds' Howard McGillan (ex Greg Y&R) talked about being cast as Rock's son in the miniseries 'Wheels' and how the revelation that Rock was gay and had AIDS kept him in the closet for years. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

@AbcNbc247

LOL. Another Leo!!

Please register in order to view this content

Peter Porte is going to have the chance to play an entirely different kind of Leo love story! The actor, who’s no stranger to Hallmark movies, will be headlining their latest fall fare in Notes of Autumn with Ashley Williams, Marcus Rosner and Luke Macfarlane. Williams and Macfarlane play two friends living in very different parts of the world who decide to swap places as autumn settles in to get a little change of scenery.

Williams’ Ellie moves to the country on the outskirts of British Columbia and meets neighbor Sam (played by Rosner), while Macfarlane’s — wait for it — Leo moves to the city and meets Ellie’s friend, Matt, played by Porte.

Friendships soon blossom between the pairs and, it sounds like, something more. “This is,” as executive producer Debbie Gibson puts it, “a special story that celebrates how love can blossom in the most unexpected ways.”  So get ready, because it looks like Porte’s going to be falling for a Leo once again!

So get your pumpkin spiced coffees ready and grab a cozy blanket because Notes of Autumn debuts on Saturday, September 15 at 8 PM! Let’s just hope that this Leo comes with a bit less drama than Days of Our Lives‘!

• Members

I thought Luke Macfarlane said he was done with Hallmark movies. I guess at least gets to play gay now, and isn't working with Billy Eichner.

I hope Candace Cameron is stuck on a flight that is playing this movie on a loop for 12 hours.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Thanks. I didn't even know she'd been on GH, then or now. She and Grace Philips interacted for such a short time on OLTL yet they're still good friends now. That's something. I'm glad they talked with her so much about the Daisy Awards and trying to treat soaps with respect (something many in the genre now don't seem to care about).

• Members

It's such an odd role, this art thief?/crime boss or whatever. Frank clearly keeps it coming back because of their friendship and her OLTL stardom. To hear tell he's bringing back Patrick Gibbons (little Sam Manning) as that Boy Scout character for the umpteenth time and yet more scenes with Roger Howarth when Gibbons, bless him, was adorable as a tot but is not much of an actor as a teen is a whole other can of worms.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Is Jessica Tuck coming back? This article says its from 2019. 

Alexandra Shipp (ex-Marybeth, ¨Days of our Lives¨) was in the ¨Barbie" movie. I know Shipp is better known for other roles, but she appeared on ¨Days¨ during Tomsell´s run as Paige´s friend and talk-to. As I recall, her character wasn´t the biggest fan of J.J., who was in his rebellious stage still. Marybeth wasn´t a well developed role which is a shame because Shipp had more charm than True O´Brien. When Shipp left, I think to do an Aaliyah biopic, her role was replaced by Alisha Boe´s Daphne.