ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Members

What struck me was that, with the silver locs, Rowell and Kasi Lemmons now share a sort of sisterly resemblance, which takes me back to when both women once portrayed the same character on As The World Turns in the 1980s. Now, if Tiffani Caesar shows up with blonde-ish or silvery locs, I will fall out! 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Autocorrect changed Lemmons to Lemons, so I changed it back!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Joe Bob Briggs and The Last Drive-In come through again for the soaps on Shudder: As part of tonight's Christmas charity telethon/horror movie marathon, they are showing the absolutely godawful "Ice Cream Man" from 1995, which features Clint Howard as a homicidal ice cream man, Olivia Hussey in a role she'd like to forget, the late Jan-Michael Vincent drunker than ever - and yes, OLTL/B&B/Y&R's immortal Andrea Evans as the vixen horny for the ice cream man's "hard pack". The last person I expected to see tonight by far.

• Members

The debut novel of Greta Lind (AMC - Kate Kennicott) "Split Open" came out earlier this year and a few of her close friends held a virtual launch party on Zoom that is now available on YouTube. There was a brief mention of her time on AMC and castmate Michael Brainard (AMC - Joey Martin) showed up also. (The two reunited recently in a 13-episode podcast/drama-series called The Ernie Pyle Experiment that Michael wrote, co-produced, and starred in. It was a finalist in the 2021 Audie Award of the Audio Publishers Association, Drama category.)

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Limenade

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I never watched ATWT.  I don't know what Roslyn Sanchez' acting was like then.  She stars in the 2021 reboot of Fantasy Island and that's the first thing I've ever seen her act in -- and I think she does an excellent job in that.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Agreed.

It wasn't as if the character was fully formed or given much to do, besides be an appendage- a sister, then a girlfriend. Also, Pilar had the misfortune to be saddled with Mike Kasnoff, a character that was only as good as the romantic triangle that he was in.

I thought Roslyn Sanchez did fine with the material she was given. Perhaps she did not yet have the skills or artistic tools to rise above the material, like some actors but at least she left an impression and I always remembered her in the role, which is more than I can say of the actress who came after her in the role of Pilar.

Remember that Sanchez went from Miss Puerto Rico straight into the fast moving machine of daytime soaps, which, even experienced actors can sometimes struggled with. I don't have any negative memories of her in the role, only that it was a thin role to begin with.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Clayton Norcross (B&B) will be recurring starting in January on an Italian game show called Avanti Un Altro (Forward, Another). He'll be part of a rotating group of 6 people who sit at the side of the stage, 2 of whom end up getting chosen by players to ask themed questions.

I've never watched B&B but, since I have 2 Italian cable channels, I sometimes see B&B actors appear on various talk and game shows there.