ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sorry, I meant judge me for watching it so much later than it debuted on air. 

I got that free trial offer for Hulu for a month (and HBO Max, but only for a week) and I am pretty much bingeing all this shows while I have access. I think it might also be on Netflix which I have access to, but oh well.

It's a well done series and, actually I read the original source material years ago (the biography, written by Sam Wasson, which, ironically, I briefly made a post about on this message board), which I found very compelling. I had read Paddy Chayefsky's biography, which talks about his close friendship with Bob Fosse, so that intrigued me and led me to read the Wasson biography of Fosse. I guess, I should have been reading Neil Simon's biography next to complete the set.

Another very interesting factoid, Valerie Pettiford (AW, OLTL) was a choreography consultant for this series. In a nod to her presence, one of the dancers in the series bore an obvious resemblance to her. The series was well casted and written, imo. 

I didn't mean to suggest that the series was low-caliber, or anything, only that I have waited so long to watch it, long past the buzz.

Also, Michelle Williams was so good and probably could have played Lucille Ball, instead of Nicole Kidman.  IJS.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Anna Kathryn Holbrook (ex-Sharlene Frame Hudson - Another World) and Ashley Williams (ex-Dani - As The World Turns) starred in a Hallmark Christmas Movie that aired this past weekend called Sister Swap. Also in the movie is Ashley's Real Life sister Kimberly Williams Paisley. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

@DramatistDreamer Valarie worked with Fosse in the Broadway show Big Deal and was the original star of the Broadway musical review, Fosse. She has a great deal of experience with his choreography.

I also loved Fosse/Verdon. I was working on a touring production down in North Carolina when it aired. F/X would repeat the new episodes like two times a night and I’d watch over and over again.

• Members

Oh yeah, I knew about her, I just thought it was cool that there was a look-alike actress/dancer that was meant to be her. The actress who portrayed Chita Rivera was quite good too.

I read the original source material a few years ago, so I recognized quite a few scenes in there from the biography. The actor who played Paddy Chayefsky portrayed him pretty much how he comes off in his biography. That wryly dark Bronx-onian sense of humor.

• Members

This season on The Blacklist, Valarie Pettiford (ex-Sheila Price Gannon, ONE LIFE TO LIVE) is recurring with a role that she previously guest stinted in, Charlene Cooper, regular Harold Cooper (Harry Lennix)'s wife.   Karina Arroyavé (ex-Bianca Walsh, ATWT) is recurring this season as well, as Red Reddington's assistant/lover, Mierce Xiu. 

Michael Mealor (ex-Kyle Abbott, Y&R) guest starred on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.