ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Far be it from me to begrudge anyone's attempts to build a college/trust fund; but seriously, casting directors, there ARE other, talented young actors out there besides McKenna.

Nia is ROCKING that Penny-from-"Good Times" puff.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I watched her episode of The Resident and I’ll watch this as well. I don’t follow many soap actors once their soaps go off the air, but there’s something to be said for a woman of her age finding work. That is amazing. There are so many older, talented soap actors who should be included in film and television projects. There’s lots of roles for older actors but they usually go to the same people. I’d love for her to end up getting a surprise movie gig that got award buzz. I know that’s unlikely, but it’s my hope now that there are so many outlets looking for actors. 

• Members

I vividly remember Erika talking in the press and on her website/newsletter both pre and post-PP revival about how bored she was being retired, and how she'd tried it after OLTL on ABC ended but decided to give it up, lol. She's just a born worker and she needs the activity. She's got such drive, it inspires and thrills me.

• Members

And yet more news about our Erika...

She'll be appearing on 20/20 this Friday discussing former OLTL castmate, Rebecca Schaeffer (My Sister Sam) who was killed by a stalker in 1989.

https://michaelfairmantv.com/erika-slezak-to-appear-on-20-20-special-on-oltl-alum-rebecca-schaeffers-murder-that-changed-hollywood/2019/04/07/

Fairman needs to proofread before posting.