January 16-20, 2012

Toups

• Members

The fact that GH would be outperforming AMC is a logical assumption given that GH had higher ratings than AMC for most weeks over the last couple of years.

You personally aren't guilty of this, Carl, but others don't have any trouble comparing OLTL's "great" ratings to those of soaps that hold a different timeslot.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes but if the one star is making many millions - and I would think even if the show only lasts a year she would have a clause which would give her a ton of money - isn't that about the same, or worse, than a show which is undergoing massive cuts and has actors who have taken major cuts?

• Members

I'm not sure about The Chew - it started off with good ratings, then fell, then went back up, and is now falling again. I think massive promo and the names involved are helping it, along with the more basic appeal of food. The Revolution doesn't seem to have any of that (and LMAD is so ignored by the network I don't know what their numbers are).

I'm not sure how many liberal or moderate women watch today's daytime TV, but even if they did I'm not overly sure Katie appeals to them either. At this point I'm not sure who she appeals to. The last time she had a big following was when she was "perky" and the wife and mother next door, approachable. She became much colder over time and I think a lot of her support left.

• Members

I don't think its any secret that ABC might've made the right decision canceling AMC but the wrong decision canceling OLTL. Part of the problem with ABC is they expect the soaps to go on an upswing. A similar situation is happening right now over at CBS' experiencing an upswing in the ratings for Y&R and B&B lately. but its a different situation over there because CBS aren't paying for production costs like ABC was. NBC has seen various upticks over the past 4 years from DAYS when they were planning on not picking up those options on the liscening fees.

ABC still has another chance to at least keep their daytime lineup in order by holding onto GH as long as they can until they can find a bettter option that can actually put up OLTL or TheView ratings to replace it.

• Members

It's a pretty sad day for soaps when The Chew & The Talk are beating General Hospital in the ratings. Down to a 1.6. I am down to watching 1-2 days a week and it's the same conversations day after day and just plain boring. The actors must look at each other and say didn't we say these same lines yesterday? They need to backburner sonny, get rid of lady in white, (which they did) fire nu Kate, Maggie, Ewan, Shawn, new kid he is taking care of and Steve and Olivia. Free some $ up and spend it on some People we want to see. Does anyone know why they got a rid of Megan Ward anyways. gh better have a big ratings surge or the ax will fall In april. I luv what gh used to be but I think it is to far gone to come back.

• Members

GH has been on the downward spiral for 10 years. GW is bad but GH is everything Guza made it and no one in the soap press called out Guza for his 10 years of gutting the canvas and firing and killing off vets. Everyone was so in awe of stunts they didn't care about much else.

• Members

Good thing I'm not a woman. :lol:

ABC's Daytime talk show, The Revolution is seeking single women who want to learn more about their anatomy. Do you want to know more about your female parts? Are you puzzled about what goes on down "there?" If you are curious to know more information about your anatomy we would love to hear from you.

http://www.realitywanted.com/call/15678-casting-single-women-who-want-to-learn-more-about-their-anatomy

Archived