January 16-20, 2012

Toups

• Members

Katie's show will probably get better ratings than the Chew and the Revolution. With the weak lead-ins, I don't know if it'll be enough to justify her paycheck.

OLTL's surge started during Spring 2011. So "last year" would be much more accurate. They were regularly in 5th to 7th place overall before that.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think she will better The Revolution but I'm not sure about The Chew. Katie is one of those personalities who is despised by many, and I don't think she has the fanbase to balance that. I think many will avoid her show like the plague.

• Members

We'll see soon enough. Rosie and Oprah had those type of like it or hate it personalities too. I don't forsee 3 million viewers but I also don't forsee less than 2 million.

I think overall Talk shows, Game shows and Doctor shows would fair better than Style & Living shows no matter who is hosting. It was a stupid decision by ABC to do Style & Living shows to replace the soaps.

ETA:

I think the ABC cancellation may end up saving DAYS or at least making it's death walk less shameful. ABC cancelled a lot of soaps in a small period of time and the displaced viewers appetite is not for the shows they replaced it with. A portion of these viewers will give the NBC, CBS soaps a chance for a while helping lift their afternoon line-ups more for a while.

• Members

Rosie had the whole "queen of nice" makeover when her show started, and then her ratings fell. The problem with Katie is she became a lightning rod for those who feel the media is unbalanced, and I don't think she retained enough of her fans from the "perky Katie" days.

I do prefer talk shows, although I miss the old days of talk shows, not what we've had in recent years. Panel shows don't do a lot for me either. Someone wanted me to watch The Doctors because they showed an episode about people who take off their makeup. I get the idea behind this, but I just don't care about seeing it.

It will be interesting to see how long the boosts for the remaining soaps last. B&B seems to have a head of steam lately. DAYS just can't pace a story to save its life - they undercut themselves constantly and many of the characters are bizarrely unsympathetic. I do think they've done a very nice job with Marlena's return, but that's about it.

• Members

Poor GH I knew ratings would crash after OLTL left the airwaves. Hopefully TPTB can do SOMETHING to save it. I hope the upcoming returns and OLTL cast members joining can help but at this point we are probably down to only 3 soaps. :(

Never thought Days would outlive all the ABC shows lol.

• Members

There was snow last weekend (east coast), which effected things Monday of this week....so not included in these ratings. This group came from MLK on Monday, and the storm that was in the east over this past weekend was in the midwest earlier (Friday or so)...

• Members

I used to catch at least the beginning of GH sometimes as I left the tv on following OLTL, but I dont even watch ABC daytime anymore. Not surprised to see a drop.

I would say so. On this board, there's already several new people in the B&B threads, so Id imagine people are migrating elsewhere

• Members

Ditto...GH is toast. That's a huge drop from last week. Although they only went up because of the OLTL lead in. Glad to see Days go up a little and B&B with still strong numbers.....ugh...Y&R went up.....It looks so weird to see only 4 soaps in the ratings.

Archived