January 16-20, 2012

Toups

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The CBS press release for The Talk tells the story of The Revolution's ratings:

"THE TALK" DELIVERS ITS LARGEST AUDIENCE AND BEST WOMEN 18-49 RATING IN NEARLY A YEAR

"The Talk" Posts Year-to-Year Gains in Viewers, Women 25-54 and Women 18-49

THE TALK, CBS's daytime talk show, delivered its largest audience and women 18-49 ratings in nearly a year, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Jan.20.

THE TALK averaged 2.39 million viewers and 0.9/05 in women 18-49, the best in both categories since the week ending Feb. 4. 2011.

Compared to the same week last year, THE TALK was up +12% in viewers (vs. 2.13m), +29% in women 18-49 (vs. 0.7/04) and +10% in women 25-54 (1.1/06 from 1.0/05).

In head-to-head competition, THE TALK also topped the premiere week of ABC's "The Revolution" by decisive margins in viewers and key women demographics. THE TALK out-rated "The Revolution" in viewers by +42% (2.39m vs. 1.68m), by +50% in women 18-49 (0.9/06 vs. 0.6/03) and by +38% in women 25-54 (1./06 vs. 0.8/04).

• Members

No one should be surprised. The show had trainwreck written all over it.

To bring this discussion back to soaps since Toups dislikes talk shows being talked about, I hope The Talk being up is a good sign for the CBS soaps. Monday should be good since it was MLK Day.

• Members

Looks like it was OLTL that was holding that ABC lineup together for the last few years. AMC's cancellation didn't really affect ABC Daytime's overall ratings, but OLTL's loss has sunk GH like a stone. Also, its replacement, The Revolution, is tanking in ways AMC's replacement The Chew never did.

Also, I have to say, with ratings like this, no way ABC will want to continue GH anywhere. Forget that report from TV Guide that they might launch GH as a limited-run summer primetime series; no way that's happening now.

• Members

And most likely, Katie will get these ratings, or even lower, and I don't think they can say, "At least it's cheaper," because they are paying her through the nose.

I don't think that talk of GH in primetime was anything more than a fantasy, probably Frons begging and pleading with someone at the network who pretended to listen.

Archived