The Culliton's?

• Members

I thought PC was a show that probably should have never been greenlit, as Lucy wasn't a lead character, and they seemed to have little idea of what to do - bringing Scott back was a nice idea, but Rex was just one-note sleaze, and the interns were pretty weak characters. I do think it still had a lot of potential until LML came along, then Hamner finished it off.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didn't Culliton write Carly with AJ and his family? I know she started out by using him for his money but there was actually a nice foundation for them coming together and I liked where it as headed. And I never have ever understood the fascination with Steve Burton over Sean Kanaan who was and is a better more charismatic actor and had far better chemistry with Sarah's Carly than Steve Burton did. I got it with Maurice Bernard at the time Burton never.

• Members

Sean Kanan had a lot of personal problems which led to his abrupt firing. I do agree he was more dynamic than Burton and had more chemistry with Sarah Brown, although, at that time, the show was not interested in Jason/Carly anyway - it was Guza who revived Carly's Jason obsession, probably since he was obsessed with Jason.

Culliton wrote at the time that Carly was living with Tony and was an agorophobic, or whatever that story was. I'm not sure if he was still writing when she had the infamous night with AJ and then Tony.

• Members

Back in the 90s, it was said that the last character that Doug Marland created for ATWT was Mike Kasnoff. He first appeared in 1994, Carly only came to town in 1995.

Getting back on topic, I think I prefer the Cullitons as script writers then head writers.

• Members

I always wondered about why the creators of SB seemed to have so little actual involvement with the show once it started. I mean I guess Pratt was involved in creating it because it was meant to be originally sorta a daytime Melrose and he was the showrunner for Melrose at the time (I think)--his style might have actually suited SuBe to be honest. How was Griffith involved? I know he had *just* left OLTL as co-HW, but...

The thought process seemed to be "Let's do a GH spin-opff, and we can use the same sets, and umm it will be about younger people in the hospital and... yeah that's enough thought behind it--it's greenlit!"

Archived