The Culliton's?

• Members

i think this could be interesting? in everyone's opinion, who do you think is the more talented Culliton?

Richard is an ok HW, better than some give him credit for and a pretty good BDW, but i think we could all agree that his stronger skills are at scripts! Carolyn in my opinion, can do it all, HW, CO-HW, BDW, SE, SW! i cant think of one show that she has not highly contributed to! besides PC, i would love for them to have the chance to CO-HW a show again sometime in 2012 and see how they balance eachother out!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carolyn is good as a Co HW.

She worked with Hogan Sheffer when he first joined ATWT . She was replaced with Jean Passanante and things went south.

She was paired with Millee Taggart at GL and they did great work. John Conboy bought in his buddy Ellen Weston and we all know what happened there.

Richard is a good script writer. I always could tell when he wrote a DAYS script when I briefly watched that show.

Some may not like him as a HW but he gave Eileen Fulton one of her last stories on ATWT wth Larry Bryggman.

• Members

I think they're underrated. They were savaged at GH, when their material was no worse than anything overrated, destructive Guza vomited out upon his return. Richard Culliton did wonderful work at AW and ATWT, and solid work at AMC, yet was dumped for lousy headwriters over and over.

• Members

Richard Culliton is perhaps Days' most talented veteran script writer. (Some of the new writers brought in are pretty good, but I'm talking about writers that have been with Days for a while.)

I've said it before on here but it bears repeating... Richard sometimes writes at such a high level that it's easy to tell it's a script he wrote. Sometimes I am wrong but more often than not I've predicted an RC script. His scenes feature characters that act intelligently as opposed to dumb...

• Members

Richard Culliton wrote ATWT on 1995.. during the malpractice story between Lisa and John... I think it was one of the last few great umbrella stories employed by the show... everyone was picking sides (i.e bob/kim, tom/margo, shannon/barbara, etc). And to think it was kicked off when Damian's mom killed eduardo and made it look like it was neglect from the hospital...and to think about it... it started when Julie found some money in a tunnel and started spending it... thus leading to the owner of the money coming back and holding lots of people hostage thus leading to Edwardo being shot.. .and the rest is history.

• Members

Richard was great at AMC & wrote great story. There is an A&E Biography On AMC on Youtube from his time there. They show him in a writers meeting and who is sitting to his left, Agnes Nixon and they are bouncing story off each other., This was 2002 and Richard valued Agnes. Thats a big win for me.

• Members

Richard and Carolyn Culliton were responsible for Port Charles and helping develop the show but Richard wrote General Hospital with Karen Harris. Richard and Caroyln also serviced as the first headwriters to PC before being replaced by Lynn Marie Latham over the direction of the show.

• Members

I remember in an old Soap Opera Magazine article, when Richard was talking about his wife, he said that he created the two characters with her nickname, Carly. In 1996, he was Associate Head Writer of GH under Guza then promoted to Head Writer when Guza left. Perhaps he created Carly as Associate Head Writer and Guza approved.

Also, Marland didn't create the Kasnoffs or Carly. He died in 1993. The Kasnoffs arrived in 1994, and Carly arrived in 1995. The only Marland bible that was continued after his death was the Lily, Holden, and Damian triangle. However, his bible was altered. Originally, Damian was supposed to be a villain. Due to positive fan reaction to Paolo Seganti, Damian was written to be more of a hero.

Archived