Prime Time Episode of Daytime soaps in the 90's

• Members

Back in the 90's a few soaps aired a few primetime episdoes. Days aired three I think and Y&R aired a few it self I want to know which soap aired the better episoe and which soap utlized it's night time outing the most.

I remeber in one episode of Y&R They did a who shot Victor Newman. It turned out to be Mari Jo.

On Days they had one called Winter Heat, and a few others. I think one was even called "One stormy Night"

I know Port CHarles debuted in primtime.

Didnt AW mhave a prime time outing?

Were there any soaps of the 70's or 80's that aired in primetime?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The three from Days were:

1. One Stormy Night

2. Night Sins (where Jarlena got together on the conference table at Titan and Sami caught them)

3. Winter Dreams (Vivian imagines having a lobotomy in this one)

I think AW had one called Fire & Ice--could have just been a promo, though, it's on an old tape of mine from 1993.

OLTL had one in 1998 when Todd held half of Llanview hostage up at either Viki or Asa's cabin to figure out who killed Georgie Phillips.

• Members

The OLTL episode was an episode filmed for daytime and then bumped up to primetime in a hurry, just to fill a gap or whatever, or because the soaps had been preempted that day. They added on a "film look," which Marlena de la Croix or someone else said looked like it had been dipped in dirty bathwater.

GH also had a "primetime" episode around this same time.

• Members

WOW. I seriously had no idea, as this was before I started watching the show. I thought it was a legit primetime episode that JFP strong armed ABC into doing or something laugh.png .

My poor red headed stepchild soap. I'll always love it, even if it's network, for some unknown reason, didn't. sad.png That makes the dirty bathwater comment a little bittersweet to me.

• Members

Twist of Fate was November 1996, I think.

Y&R had several primetime episodes - one in 1996 I remember even though I never saw it, as I read about Peter Bergman and Don Diamont showing their asses (Bergman wasn't exactly thrilled about this as Diamont was a Greek god). A year later they had another, which I think had a big gala party Victor threw for Diane, which Nikki gleefully ruined by casually telling everyone that she and her husband planned to have a baby.

Archived