Prime Time Episode of Daytime soaps in the 90's

• Members

The Y&R ones were VERY good. Exciting, well produced (and directed episodes) with a variety of characters featured and lots of action. Y ou can tell they took their one night in primetime seriously and made the most of it. The one with Victor getting shot was flawless and Jess Walton was to die for (who won an Emmy for her work in that story). I also recall lots of juicy stuff with the Barber-Winters clan.

I wonder if a soap got a primetime episode today how it would work out. I'd love to see B&B get one, mostly because I know it would be done well and I want to see the show in an hour format. I'd love to see CBS give either of their soaps a chance at that. Also ABC mentioned looking for low cost scripted series to air on Friday nights and I think a spin-off of AMC or OLTL would've been a good idea. Being a spin-off it could be whatever they wanted to, plus there is a built in audience. Compared to primetime actors most soap stars are cheap as well. I could see an AMC spin-off starring the Kane's being a success.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Brad Bell would incorporate the vets as well. Steffy, Liam and Hope should definitely be featured. I'd also make sure Bill and Katie have a major story going. Then make sure Brooke, Ridge and Stephanie are involved and you have a very strong primetime episode. I could see it being possible based on stories currently airing. I'm sure it would also be extremely racy.

• Members

I loved Days'special Winter Heat. Carrie and Austin went to Green Mountain lodge to make love for the first time. Austin ran out leaving Carrie alone in the cabin. There was a knock on the door and Carrie opened it thinking he forgot his key. Instead it was a masked man. Scared, she asks him what he wanted...he replied "You ". Freeze frame...

The attacker was, of course, Alan, who was obsessed with Carrie. He failed his in attempt to rape her and instead went after and raped Sami. His trial had Carrie taking the stand and being tricked into trashing Sami by the prosecution, igniting Sami"s neverending quest to destroy her.

Love him or hate him, JER sure knew how to set up story at his creative peak.

What was the name of the Days special that had Isabella going off of a bridge in her car when her wipers went out during a torrential rain storm? The last image of her ring finger floating was chillng.

• Members

That was from the first special, One Stormy Night in 1992. Isabella was pregnant with Brady and drove off the bridge, John was still struggling with the fact he was not Roman just as Tracy Middendorf's (awful) Carrie came to town and started by calling him "Dad", Bo and Carly had something going on but I forget what, and I think this was the special that had Jack and Jennifer trapped on the set of "Ask Dr. Love".

Archived