November 7-11, 2011

Toups

• Members

Well, I disagree with you...we'll see who is more prescient when next fall rolls around.

You are forgetting that NBC actually programs 5 hours during the daytime (4 hours for "Today" and 1 for "Days of Our Lives"), while CBS has 6.5 hours and ABC has 6 hours. As far as ABC canceling "Port Charles" and giving the time slot back to affiliates to encourage them to air "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?", well, that's the first I'm hearing of it.

The fact that "Katie" is airing on all 8 of the ABC O&O affiliates (including the three largest TV markets in the USA: NYC, LA, and Chicago) as well as a host of other ABC affiliates not owned by the network, it is in the network's best interest to give back an hour...how is it in CBS's best interest to give an hour back to affiliates for "The Jeff Probst Show", especially when it will not be airing on CBS in New York or Los Angeles? The doesn't make any sense.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS' ship sailed the moment they decided to go ahead with this reboot, because you know what's going to happen now? In order to address this latest ratings decline, the new team will have to come up with insane stories that make the JER2, Tom Langan and Sally Sussman Morina eras look like classic RYAN'S HOPE, putting the show right back in the hole that Ed Scott, Gary Tomlin and even Hoagy Sheffer tried to pull it out of.

Frankly, the only thing that'll give DAYS even half a chance is if someone at the show, in cahoots with NBC, goes to Ken Corday and tells him just to sign the checks and keep his mouth shut.

• Members

I'm not convinced that the NBC O&O's would turn down an attractive syndicated program in exchange for DAYS. The current DAYS contract is up in 2013, there is a bonus year till 2014...if DAYS gets that 2014 pickup then I could see them picking it up for one more year, 2015, get it to 50 years on NBC and let that be the end of it simply out of sentimentality and because it isn't the financial disaster that much of their programming is.

However, NBC, being a disaster, may also look to cut their losses and really lean out. In that case, DAYS is dead in 2013.

Archived