September 19-23, 2011

Toups

• Members

JMO, GH is trying to use Laura's portrait as stand-in again while they try to get Genie back. If they get Genie back they have the core Spencers back together. But Guza decimated Luke & Laura and the Cassidines, too, so there is a huge challenge I don't think GW is up to in rebuilding there.

JFP, GW and even some actors have taken to begging fans to trust them again and the response has been NO WAY.

I used to like Jason and Sam, so this wedding was targeted at me. But it was more of the same boring writing that drove me to give up on these two.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been a Luke/Geary fan since the 70s and absolutely despise the destruction of his character into a morose, repulsive drunkard who doesn't care about his kids or loved ones. Most Luke fans I know despise this Luke and aren't fans of Tracy enabling him all the way either.

• Members

I'm a long time fan who was burned way too many times by GH so it's going to a lot to get me watching this show again. But I want to. I still visit the boards and look for signs that GH has changed. But I don't see any significant changes. I want a massive overhaul and I want the huge mistakes corrected and/or acknowledged. But I don't have a lot of hope that they will. They need another Gloria Monty to save this show and I don't think that's happening.

But Tony likes this Luke and the producers and writers let him have his way - dam# the fans. IMO, this is not a good way to run a show.

• Members

TeamEric I think problem with GH is first JFP sounds desperate. This is the same woman years and years ago at OLTL who gave middle finger to the fans and said her vision was happening no matter what. She sounds desperate. The problem I have with Garin Wolf. Its kind of like when AMC went from Pratt to Donna/David. It went from destructive/horrid to now just merely BORING. The show has better dialogue, its a bit lighter in tone, Monica is back but the show is just very DULL. That's the big problem its not offensive. Honestly what GH needed IMO was a new executive producer. ABC letting JFP keep her job only further shows they could care less about it. They brought back NuKate, the actress is okay but she is on so much. IMO the only way for GH to reclaim any glory is bringing back the woman who brought show glory years would be Wendy Riche. Wendy IMO wouldn't work in ABC micromanaged environment. Woman was a true visionary who battled network presidents for years and she was very tough. GH is just so BORING right now. Its funny GH got way more fanfare with Garin's arrival and how this was a new GH. Its tanking.

• Members

That's what I've noticed too. My handful of friends I mentioned who did watch GH and only GH and have nearly all said that they can no longer watch it cuz it's all mob, actually nearly all became fans during the Pratt/Guza era (no accounting for taste I guess ;) ). So that stuff was a draw to them at some point--but the consensus seems to be that it's just been an endless repetition now.

• Members

It's interesting to hear now how vehemently Nixon was against the idea of Stuart's death (rightly so), but of course apparently by that time her advice was completely unwanted and ignored (what a frustrating feeling that must have been for her). I still have issue with a lot of the Orpheus story, but in a way it does ake sense for what they wanted to do.

Anyway, I do agree with you--even hiring Gary Wolfe seems like a "we'll just use this cheaper newbie HW while the show dies away" idea, more than actuallyw anting to train a younger, untried as HW, talent. (It reminds me a bit of when Frons first came to ABC and bumped Rayfield to HW for AMC for about half a year, while he went out shopping around for a new HW--McTavish in the end--except this time he doesn't seem to be looking for anyone to eventually fill the position).

Of course that's how it seemed with ATWT too, everyone seemed to want Passanante and Goutman out, but PGP seemed happy to keep them there till the show was canceled. That said, when Lorraine Broderick was hired as AMC's HW in the Spring again, most of us took that as a sign of faith in trying,. at least once more, to bring the show back to what it was--and then two weeks later we got the cancelation announcement.

• Members

I've watched GH since I was in elementary school. I saw Luke & Laura get married live, as my mother let me come home from school early that day. I've loyally watched through many a stupid story and many an unwanted pairing. That being said- unless GH completely revamps itself, I wish they'd just cancel the show already. It's not even close to 1/4 the show I used to love. And trust me, it took a lot for me to turn the channel but even I had a breaking point.

• Members

So happy that AMC went out with a bang. Even though I'm so sad to see it gone, I'm thrilled that it went out as the classy, character driven, family oriented soap that it was for a good part of its life (save the last few years). The fact that it was able to finish at #2 is huge. Congrats, AMC.

• Members

I thought AMC would do better but the soap has dropped a lot over the last two years. It is also interesting to note that B&B is no longer a safe bet as the number two soap--OLTL tied Bold in HHs the previous week. It really would not suprise me to see OLTL consistantly tie or even beat bleeding B&B until it's close in January.

I wonder why CBS has been willing to keep Y&R and B&B when they don't even own the shows. Frons suggested that OLTL and AMC were loosing money even though they were network owned so how can CBS be making any money off the Bell shows--Y&R has a large budget and has been weak in demos for almost two years? I sometimes wonder if CBS still tries to sell based on HH ratings like when Mooves first took control. He spoke a lot about demos not being important to CBS and, even today, the network carries the oldest viewership in addition to strong demos. It seems like CBS tries to make shows that please everyone as opposed to chicken hawking.

Archived