AMC: Thursday, September 8, 2011

• Members

I watched the Tad/Dixie stuff from the last episode and I liked the attempts to sort of show comedy, fun, romance, yet also the awkwardness, and the passing of time. I can definitely see why people would feel like Dixie's return isn't quite there, but I liked that.

I really liked the brief JR/Dixie scene. The moment where she hugged him, and that was just about all he had left. I'm sorry Jacob Young and Cady only had a short time together (I know Dixie was around in 2006-early 2007 but was most of that even about JR), because even with the relatively small age gap, they are believable as mother and son.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought when she returned, they had quite a few scenes and storyline together. I thought they were great as mom/son back then too! Didn't he shoot her on accident when she was going around town unseen... he was drunk and aiming for Krystal and shot Dixie instead? They had quite a few scenes together afterwards.

• Members

JR has nearly killed so many people. It's ridiculous and in any other context it would be quite humorous. I truly believe he is a sociopath in one form or another. No one can nearly kill that many people due to their actions and then still feel no guilt or anxiety over it all. It also doesn't help that at some point he has almost killed his mother, mother in law, his brother, his best friend, his best friends sister and his wife all at separate points in his story as well. I used to have them all in my signature there were just so many. lol. It was something like JR's hit list. Here are the ones I remember off the top of my head who nearly died or were gravely injured due to either his neglect or purposeful actions.

1. Babe (multiple times)

2. Jaime (multiple times)

3. Bianca

4. Amanda

5. Dixie

6. Krystal

7. Josh

8. Ryan

9. Kendell

10. Spike

11. Little Adam

12. Zarf/Zoe

13. Tad

I can't remember if there were more. I am bound to believe there are.

• Members

Yeah, and it somewhat helps make this whole Oprheus stuff more interesting, so, giving allowance of lack of time, I kinda don't mind. VI was pretty charming, too actually being happy for once.

And as many seem to forget, we were always told every story wouldn't be wrapped up. We do still have two weeks left--not much in terms of soap time, but I think it makes sense for Angie to be able to see in those two weeks, etc, rather than now and then spend the last two weeks happy ont he backburner--there's no story there.

I hope Adam gets called out on how he treated Colby--we know he ditched meeting her in New York, and since then hasn't taken her calls.

I think many younger viewers would--it's a bit like the phony belief that younger viewers don't like older characters on their soaps, but I think it takes a LOT LOT longer to build a soap audience by doing it that way. But it's important for a show like AMC (the reason I still see Pratt as so bad for AMC, worse than McTavish, was he gutted that aspect entirely--everythign was plot, there wasn't even the pretense at finding motivation, etc)

• Members

The irony is I think online soaps would benefit even more from being more like a Herskovitz/Zwick show or Parenthood--some big events but most of it is day to day character stuff. I coul dbe way off base, but if you do watch online, and especially if it's a short 20-30 minute episode you literally could watch during a work break, early int he morning, late at night before bed, and just check in on your characters. Not have to tune in to see what wacky plot is happening today after yesterday'swacky plot. But maybe I'm crazy (and I bet a lot of execs don't think this way)

They absolutely are--that's been the best aspect of both of their stories this time around.

• Members

I think that we're actually getting some decent wrap-ups under the circumstances. We've got quite a few happy endings. Minx, Scott/Madison, Brotalia, Jamanda, Opal/Sam, and of course Rylee (spit), Tad/Dixie (yawn), and Zendall (vomit). The only people/couples whose futures are up in the air are JR, David, Cara, Jesse/Angie and Jack/Erica. I hate the whole Project Orpheus thing and I really hate how rushed a lot of these stories are but I think that, generally, as we head to the end, we're doing alright.

• Members

That hysterical weeping Verla did right after she left the room was so much like Eunice. I haven't seen Carol Burnett doing anything like that in years. I liked that they mentioned Myrtle, briefly. I do wish they'd somehow worked Dorothy Lyman in. But it's nice that Opal is going to be happy. Of all the characters I thought she was the one they'd just forget about.

• Members

The crying was wonderful. It would have been fun to have Lyman have a cameo--even being their server or something, but, like I said, in this case I'm grateful for what we got. And the scenes--ConFUSION setting aside--really did feel like old comic AMC in a way that it hasn't in at least a decade...

Not great quality, but (just skip the scene whenever you see Zack on screen)

(sorry for the post Just type AMC 7 9 11 and it comes up immediately)

• Members

Thanks for the warning--I sorta think at this point ABC no longer cares--not just cuz the show is on its way out, but because in the past year or two they seem to have been very leniant about their soaps being posted in full on youtube, completely unlike their primetime shows which are quickly removed. I assume it's because they realize that posting the soaps only promotes them, unlike primetime where it might cut into DVD sales, etc--despite having them on their website. But, regardless, it was done without me thinking.

• Members

Thanks, y'all, for pointing me in the right direction! It was so awesome to see Jason Kincaid as Sam Brady again, even if age has mellowed him a bit. But about what I said earlier, how there's almost two AMC's happening right now? Certainly, I felt that way as I FF'ed everything that didn't have anything to do w/ the Hubbards or Sam/Opal/Verla.

Archived