AMC: Thursday, September 8, 2011

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^This should have been comparable, at least for me, to the scenes after Erica woke up from surgery, and he checked her pulse, fed her ice chips, and used a washcloth to dab her face as she went through pain. That was sweet. That was natural. That was David having soft eyes, built out of a really GOOD and solid foundation.

This? Was forced. But not all together terrible. I just don't quite buy it. There's nothing behind it.

• Members

No it was not terrible but there is no basis for it. They slept together thats it. I don't think Cara has had much interaction with David at all up until she slept with him. They are ok together, I don;t think they have amazing chemistry but with a better buildup and story I could enjoy them.

• Members

I don't understand the sudden level of affection between Cara and David either. On the other hand, because we're getting closer to the finale, AMC's writers probably had to cut out a lot of the buildup to get the two where they needed them to be.

• Members

Agreed, it's not terrible, but it lacks logic. There was no build up to it, and the "feelings" have come out of the blue.

LH was good on DAYS when they had her character go into IDGAF mode and gave her a rival in Sami. Cara was good working at the hospital and mixing it up with different characters. She kind of filled Maria's place and the working female doctor at PVH.

• Members

I completely agree on Cara being a pseudo second-rate Maria. She reminds me exactly of what Maria was reduced to once she was separated from Edmund back in the early/mid 00's and when she was removed from front burner once her storylines ran out and Edmund died. Eva La Rue just made it look better by comparison but she too was completely useless for a good while before she left. Unlike Maria however I think Cara works better when she isn't being shackled to someone. I was half way interested with her before they thrusted her into David's bed. They should have kept her as a hard working doctor who cared about her brother and her patients.

• Members

Hello my fellow AMC fans!!! I'm back from an amazing Australian adventure :)

I am finally caught up with AMC. I can't believe we only have 2 weeks left; my heart be still.

Today's episode: Loved the Tad/Dixie scenes (obviously)! The throwback scenes of the chicken suit really did it for me.

So happy they brought back Scott/Madison, as they are one of the most refreshing couples of 2011. Love that Colby finally got through to Brooke and Adam; can't wait to see their returns!

I really hope Zach's plan comes out soon, so we can move on from this PO mystery. We don't have much time left, and we need to resolve this ASAP. Zach is just NOT my cup of tea, so watching him run around like he can control everyone and talk down to them like they're children is just so disrespectful and irritating.

I'm a bit concerned with 11 episodes left, we might not get a proper send-off! Erica hasn't even made it to LA yet to figure out the Mike Roy mystery. Angie is still blind. There is just too much wrap-up to be had, to include all the big returns, to properly finish the Erica/Jack, Angie/Jesse, JR/everyone storylines. I'm nervous!

• Members

The thing with Adam's exit I don't get is why he's been so dismissive and hard to reach by Colby--I get the JR stuff, but... I mean it sounded like she had to beg Brooke to let her talk to him.

OK I liked today. I found it just a fun watch. The David stuff was very WTF I admit, and I will grant the writers that it probably was planned at some point as a slow build, but... I didn't really mind it lol.

I'd probably agree with this, though I would have for sure back before Project Orpheus took such domination. (though I still think it probably would have been canceled--and improved quality on AMC for the past while doesnt' seem to affect ratings, maybe because it tends to be more with giving chracters more grey areas and better motivation than with big story shocks, etc.

• Members

Come, step away from the dark side where Zach & Kendall reside and join us in the light with Tad & Dixie!

David was actually humanized once again. ITA that this story came out of nowhere, but the writers really had no time to build up David & Cara as a couple before she became pregnant, which I'm convinced is where this is heading too.

ICAM. I don't think the ratings would've dropped so low if Broderick had become full-time head writer after Pratt.

ITA with most of what you said.

I guess it depends on what you consider a proper send-off. Since the show is going to live on in some form on the internet, I'm not expecting everything to be wrapped up on the TV version. I think Angie's sight will come back by the end since she just had the surgery on Monday and she & Jesse will most likely decide to leave Pine Valley rather than run into Maya and Lucy all the time. Erica may decide to stay in Los Angeles looking for Mike or working on her new book/movie deal. I'm expecting JR to have some sort of drunken driving accident so the role can either be recast after plastic surgery or his character will be in a coma for awhile.

ITA. It makes no sense for Adam to ignore Colby's calls. Even if he doesn't want anything to do with JR, he shouldn't be treating his daughter so badly!

I'm not sure if the 18-49 or 18-34 ratings would've budged, but it seemed that Broderick was able to raise the household ratings anyway during her brief stint after Pratt. Maybe younger viewers don't care as much as older ones in terms of giving the characters motivations and grey areas but to me it makes the show much more entertaining.

• Members

Last time JR & Adam spoke (at christmas) they were on semi friendly terms when they spoke on the phone. This was after Caleb took Cortlandt back.

Adam ignoring Colby makes no sense just like it made no sense when she reached out to him before when she called him about some crisis earlier in the year.

• Members

I'm happy the show is moving online, and I plan to still watch (unless it just ends up being horrible). But I feel bad for my mother and grandmother, and all the other moms/grandmas, that won't follow it online for one reason or the other... I hope the sendoff for those types of viewers and older generations will be worthwhile.

• Members

That's the AMC Agnes & Lorraine are writing. The other AMC - the one the writers are writing, using Megan McTavish patented Plot Wheel - will end with Dixie, Zach and everyone else revived through Project Orpheus storming David and Cara's wedding with guns and gunning down the entire wedding party, Moldavia-style.

Oh, and Janet probably will escape to a convent, too.

• Members

I really kind of wonder how good brokering a deal with a cable network will turn out for people who want AMC back. I dont have an issue with the show evolving in a positive way in fact welcome it but I fear like a lot of PT stuff and kind of like Guza's GH you will see a lot of ratings gimmicks such as this. I just dont see either OLTL or AMC becoming like Parenthood for example where the focus is really on just day to day problems. I remember how ER got in its later years and every season was one explosion, crash or big event after another it seemed.

Archived