AMC: Thursday, September 8, 2011

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fair point I guess I am just over them. I was on Dixies last 2 returns. And I loved them in their day. And I am disappointed because I finally

felt Tad/MEK , they finally found something that was working for him. I am not talking super couple but a relationship that was building successfully to a romance for him something this show has failed to do for MEK barring Dixie for years.

• Members

The show was soo good without that PO nonsense. Even David was bearable

Loved the Tad and Krystal scene. I really enjoy them as friends and coparents together

NuTrevor isnt as cute as the last one

Cara is so pregnant. Amanda saying that she has something good coming on the way and she will find out eventually...I thought that was a blatant literary hint

Adam walked in on JR in bed with Annie, presumably about to have sex. He learned that they had already had sex recently. Outraged, Adam left town with Brooke and he and JR havent been on good terms since. JR was already running Chandler but Adam put Scott in charge as well and the two ran it together until Scott went to jail last year. The company took a hit when the patent fraud was revealed but it was surviving. They are bankrupt now bc JR's been a mess for a while and apparently hasnt been making the best decisions after he fell off the wagon

• Members

I thought the David thing was going to be a ONS and so be it but now they are trying to make them seem to happen in some way romantically and I just don't see it. Its not that I don't like them together I just dont get it and it just doesnt fit in with everything else happening on the show right now.

They tried in some sense on Days to make her an ingenue and heroic figure in a sense with a more compelling backstory and it didnt work there either. Her Teresa on passions was clearly LH's best fit

• Members

I don't think it's cut and dry in either direction. I think had AMC been pulling in more viewers then ABC would have toyed with keeping it for awhile longer. It's dismal ratings (1.6/1.7 households are you kidding me?) probably gave ABC the push to kill it. They were obviously interested in keeping it at first (revamp to L.A. no less, that couldn't have been cheap) but it proved unjustifiable to them to keep spending this much money with nothing coming back to them. The failure of these shows to bring in viewers instead of lose them was the final nail in the coffin and ABC chose to get out.

Archived