DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HA! It's so true, though it's nice that she's more preoccupied with business than with meddling, for once.

Besides, there's always tomorrow. I'm sure Austin will spot her lurking in the dark shadows of the square, though considering no one can see Jack in a bright open area, I don't hold out much hope.

• Members

Firstly I think Days is going to be a slow mover from now on. I saw a sneek peek for tomorrow and Carrie and Austin walk right past Kate. I have a feeling the writers envisioned a much bigger party, one where people could hide in plain sight or it would take ages before people would catch up because so much is going on and people are moving around and easy to lose in the crowd. I guess it is imagination time since the budget probably wouldn't allow for that many extras. Though at least they have extras there.

I like what I am seeing, but reserve judgement until the stories get going. After hearing Julie talk about Alice and Tom it did make me want to see more Horton's at the party. I wish the big surprise had been a Horton family reunion.

• Members

What a great episode, it was like watching the real DOOL after a very long time. I loved seeing John and Marlena back on the show, and Jack and even Carrie and Austin even though I always find them dull. It was just real DOOL characters front and center and not the Nicole and EJ show. Doug and Julie singing at the end was not a great duet. Their voices do not compliment each other and she sounded sharp. He still knows how to work a song though. I would have liked a John/EJ scene or a John/Brady scene, or even a John/Victor scene, but I guess they will eventualy come.

• Members

They got a new Sydney :( The other one wasnt an expressive actress but she was cute. This one, not so much

Marlena's never met Rafe? I wish in soaps that when people are gone for a long time that they at least pretend they see their loved ones off screen like Sami/Rafe visited Marlena for a weekend in the past. Have she and John met EJ?

What bad timing to have Patty on after her stereotypical offensive comments about gays. Speaking of which, and then they have Ross Matthews show up...lol

Im guessing they are going back to EJ and Nicole. Man I love them but conflicted after the recent crap.

Kate is such a hypocritical cow. Go Chloe! I love how she got in Kate's face and stood up for herself

• Members

I'm always glad when the show gives SSH something to do, but no, she's not a good singer, as has been proven several times over the years. Still, the Hayes' took me back to the grand old DAYS of Doug's Place, when Doug used to sing "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" to his "fair lady." I think the past two days have been wonderfully nostalgic for long-time DAYS fans, starting with the big focus on Tom and Alice.

• Members

A lot of John/Marlena is such cheese but the cheese was used pretty effectively in their first episode back, especially her big speech. I don't think Marlena's presence or absence makes a ton of difference for the damage done to characters like Sami, but her being there did add a certain emotional aspect to scenes with Sami and with Will that I haven't really felt.

When I watch these episodes I still have no idea why Chloe is being written out. If anything they're setting her up to have far more story potential than she's had at any time since her return. Daniel is not a part of her life, she has the ties with Brady and Nicole, and is standing up to Kate.

At this point Jennifer and Abby come across as so fake to me that I kind of wish Jack would just have stories with other people.

I liked that conversation Roman and Abe had with Carrie about why she should be a prosecutor. It was a believable little back and forth.

Nicole talking about how she's been defined by a man but now wants to be independent is something you don't hear on soaps now. We'll see if that fizzles away.

Those little speeches about Alice were so sweet.

Loved the last montage. It was kind of distracting that Jack was wandering around THAT blatantly. The editing was off, because at one point it looked like Bo and Hope were looking at him and smiling at him.

Archived