DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do want to say again how great it is that Ari Zucker has still managed to be such an important part of the show even when her character has so often been isolated and on the outs and struggling with demons for most of her stay in Salem. It's something you don't get on soaps anymore. She is so much like the heroines of the old '70s soap era. I can even see her fitting in with the Salem ladies of that era - probably yet another daughter of Bob Anderson's.

• Members

With Chloe gone (and Taylor too), Nicole has no strong female connections. The ones she has the most history with are Kate and Sami and they hate each other (although that might not be a fair assesment of her with Sami these days) It would be interesting if they do something with her and Sarah Brown's character

• Members

She's supposed to be Sami's friend and hooking up with Brady so Nicole I imagine will be a rival of sorts and jealous over she and Brady. At least to an extent. But I don't know if Nicole is involved in this business storyline, It seems to be Sami and Madison and Kate but who knows. I am also not keen on this new character being modeled after Carrie from Sex and the City. She was my least favorite of the 4 ladies. But hopefully Sarah can make the character less flakey and a bit more assertive.

• Members

Words are one thing actions are another. Her behavior since she has been on the show has never meshed with the words "independence" so hopefully the show got the message that the women on this show have been written horribly as a whole and are fixing that. And that incudes Sami who was turned into some sort of stepford wife over the scrappy rootable underdog she used to be.

• Members

Cross-posted! I'm actually really enjoying this stuff. I was stunned at the sheer amount of time spent on people just talking together about real [!@#$%^&*] and important things in their lives - Jen and her family, Bo and Hope about their ups and downs, Kate and EJ comparing and contrasting Hortons and DiMeras, Nicole being honest about her life. There was some really simple, back to basics, classic soap stuff done very well - no microchips or serial killers or demonic possession, just people and their history. Virtually no other soap takes that kind of time as DAYS has done this week. This is what the medium does best, and it's something DAYS has gone back to properly. And the look in Will's eyes as he stared at Sonny was great.

I also really like Brady and John's fractious meet-up. Have Brady and John been on the outs in the last several years or is this the first mention?

oh, and "Abby" looks like a goddamn My Sweet 16 girl. Gross.

• Members

I am soooo bored. It was nice Monday and Tuesday, but I'm ready to move on from the party.

I am going to miss Chloe so much. :(

Why exactly does Brady have a problem with John? I was watching at midnight and was half asleep.

So interested in seeing what Alice was hiding. I haven't liked Hope this much in at least 4 or 5 years.

I kinda miss Carly :(

• Members

I think John's problem is that Brady is a recovering addict, but now freely flaunts his abuse of alcohol...and it appears no one in town cares.I will say that Drake and Eric look more like father and son, than Drake and Kyle ever did.

As far as Abby is concerned, she falls into the worst category ever for me as a soap viewer; I just don't care about her. She's literally just there. All of Chad's potential is completely wasted with her and the rest of the almost 20 something crowd.

• Members

I do think that they're alot of missed opportunities and storylines that could've been done with Chloe. I do kind of like the tension between Brady and John and hope they will let that play out a little while. Also, I'm curious to see what Alice was hiding. I agree they do need to move on from this pesky party though!!

• Members

I agree. It was nice to see people just talking, and getting to see the mechanics like Chloe telling various people she's leaving town, instead of her beating it and then one person says, "Oh she left" and that's it. I miss this on soaps. They are often ashamed of this.

Of course soaps need more than this but I may as well praise it while it's still here.

• Members

Has the show done that weird photo type thing before yesterday's Jack scenes?

Who was the girl who left with Chloe? Was that Kinsey? Chloe didn't seem over thrilled about leaving with her.

Chandler Massey has such a classic '50s look.

• Members

Today was great! It really felt like an episode of the show, now that we've gotten all the fun sentimental beats out of the way. I'm glad the DiMeras are being written like this. THESE are DiMeras who wouldn't go and eat in the Brady Pub, at least not without someone being like, "WTF are you doing here?" Stefano calling Marlena his "Queen of the Night" again solidified that for me. I'm glad we'll have Lexie/Abe battling the DiMeras, because she needs something to do. Also, I'm sure all that clapping for her cutting back her hospital hours were from relieved citizens who wouldn't have to have their family members declared dead every time they're in Lexie's care.

I like Daniel, I really do. I used to hate him, but I kind of enjoy him with Jen. However, he was hovering a BIT too much during the Jack/Jen scenes. Of course, it didn't help that we got the soap moment of "What's going on Jack?" "I'll tell you what's going on, but first let's argue for two weeks."

• Members

Jack is a collosal ass. Really, he's gonna just waltz right back into Jen's life as if nothing happened? Im no fan of Daniel but Jen/Daniel all the way here. What Jack did was unexcusable and he had no right to be so rude and dismissive of Daniel. I felt bad for Abby. She did good in her scene

Archived