DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

On paper I do agree that Jennifer and Abby have a right to move on and I thought Jack was silly to just keep saying they'd talk about it instead of just telling them whatever happened to them. Onscreen, Abby's reactions seemed so forced to me that I couldn't feel anything for her. She's kind of like a bad Maury guest waiting to happen.

Melissa Reeves, I thought she finally seemed to snap back into something today and I did enjoy her scenes. I don't know if Jennifer should be with Daniel because he makes her happy, but from an acting perspective, Melissa Reeves seems 100% better with Matt Ashford. I don't have any real interest in whether she gets back together with Jack, but the difference was glaring.

Chad and Daniel both looking so scruffy kind of distracted me - it looked like they were in the same facility as Jack, they just got out sooner.

I did like Chad's befuddled and bemused expression when they all left.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Daniel should be there for Jenn solely as a support system when she needs it. However, what's going on with Jack/Jenn/Abby has nothing to do with him. It's a DEVERAUX issue, not a JONAS one. He doesn't know the history of the family, and he should stay the hell out of it.

• Members

Missy has always shined opposite Matt, and they adore each other, which translates to the screen, whether the characters are at war or in love. Like him or not, Jack is, and always will be, the love of Jennifer's life. They lose their way every once in a while, but they always find their way back to each other. I'm hoping that when Jack reveals why he was MIA to her next week (and it's a doozy), she will cool down and they can have a real, meaningful conversation. The sooner she kicks that dud Daniel to the curb, the better.

• Administrator

LOL! When I say I want another wedding, I don't mean in the near future. I know DAYS might not have many years left, so I was thinking of the Jack/Jen and Bo/Hope wedding happening towards the end of the show, even possibly a double wedding! I also wouldn't mind seeing more weddings between the wrong couple - I'm a Jim Reilly fan so I love seeing those (Sami/Austin, Bo/Billie, John/Kristen, Jen/Peter, Vivian/Victor). I wouldn't mind seeing Jen/Daniel get married, just as long as they show Jack will always be the love of Jen's life, that deep down Jen still loves Jack more than Daniel.

• Members

I also liked the scene when Adrienne saw Jack. Judi is such a natural and warm presence, but with some toughness as well. It's nice that they're still keeping her around - a few years ago I thought she was gone for good.

Renee Jones probably had more lines here than she's had in years. It's too bad her family is willing to humiliate her that way. I never really know the dynamics in her relationship with them.

• Members

Because the dynamics change based on whatever suits the current scenario. There's no throughline to any of it, even within individual regimes. Jones kind of holds it together, in that she will love her family no matter what, but she has no problem admitting how bad they are or calling them out on it, but they don't really use Lexie as a full-out moral center for the DiMeras.

• Members

Yesterday was the absolute FIRST time that I saw glimpses of how Days use to be. There was a natural flow between the characters that was great and it was refreshing because the party was a colossal bore. It amazes me why they continue to dress Jennifer so matronly and drab. The hair, clothes, make-up... everything screams granny and it's such a travesty. Stephano interacting with John and Marlena again was golden. I laughed when EJ had to wake himself from Lexie's speech. Little nuggets like that are priceless. Loved the banter between Stephano, EJ, and Kate during her speech. And of course, LOVED seeing Lexie get some screen time for more than a millisecond although the speech went on forever and felt like filler to stretch the show. EJ announcing his candidacy was much better than I expected it to be and the direction was flawless.

The scenes with Jack, Jennifer, Abby and Daniel were annoying but overall, great episode.

• Administrator

Another great episode today! Best scene was definitely Lexie/EJ and Stefano's reaction: "If you play dirty, you will have to answer to me." "Alexandra is full of fire. She's more of a Dimera than she will ever admit." It's nice to see the fiery Lexie again - you don't have to make her evil to see this side of her. I love seeing this Dimera family dynamics.

Interesting start ot John's return. I wonder where this is leading to.

This has been one of DAYS' best week in years! Looking forward to October!

• Members

I cant beleive the bitch is still on. I loved Lexie snapping at her as well.

Damn it Days! EJ and Nicole is where its at. James and Ari have so much chemistry. If they are going there again I hope its 100% about him pursuing her as opposed to her making herself a fool for him

I thought it was so rude of Lexis to upstage Hope's party by announcing Abe's run there, BUT then I rememebr them throwing a line in there that she was going to ask her about it so its okay.

Victor's proposal was rather cute and sweet. LOL....it was an interesting choice to take since he's too old to get down on one knee

I hate Melanie's dress

• Members

<p>My fears that John and Marlena are going to hog the screen are not being assuaged. Seriously - why couldn't Magic have their moment? They weren't even allowed to be the focus of their own proposal. Bo/Hope has to talk about them then EJ/Nicole? WTF????? Then John's drama is more important? You KNOW if this was another couple we would have stayed focused on them throughout. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>I'm not liking this. Such a potentially beautiful scene between the old guard, but no one allowed it to just happen.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

Archived