DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm happy with this week so far. I'm actually excited to watch Days now. That hasn't happened in so long. It's slow moving while things really reset and move forward, but even at a snail's pace, it's more riveting than the last year has been, by far.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I agree with this. It is just that it still looks neat by recent soap budgetary standards. And the quality--both in terms of acting and plot--of Monday's show (which wasn't great by any means) was the best I've seen from DOOL in modern times.

• Members

You can definitely see the budget limitations. I mostly like the idea of a place for the community to meet, and one that sort of makes sense. It reminds me of GL, where I liked the "Main Street" set they built, but I had no real idea why people would want to spend a lot of time on "Main Street." I think people even celebrated Thanksgiving in the middle of the road.

• Members

They had an interesting scene where Marlena mentioned to him how in emails he always talked about everyone else and how they were doing & feeling, but he never talked about himself and how he's feeling. She told him that she's in his corner and that if he ever needs to talk to her, he can and that it'll be confidential.

• Administrator

The show just feels "whole" again where as the past 3 years just felt empty and lifeless. Finally there's group scenes and family scenes and friendship scenes, and there's laughter and humour. Having John and Marlena back just feels right. I loved Marlena's scenes with Sami and Will too. I hope that was foreshadowing when Abby told Chad to ask Melanie to dance - too bad we didn't actually see the scene where Chad asks Melanie. Since Chad/Abby's origin story sucked, I wouldn't mind see Chad/Melanie. I liked that last Chloe/Kate scene - Chloe was smart by saying Kate couldn't say anything to child services because Quinn had her back and the bad publicity will hurt Countess W.

I'm with you, Shawn. I'm excited to watch the show again!

• Members

I'm curious to see how things are once there are actual stories playing out, since everything is kind of at a stop right now, but I really like this new regime's tone for the show thus far. And it's intriguing to me that their idea for "rebooting" the show was to celebrate its history and the characters' relationships with one another. It's a nice way of demonstrating what a rich canvas they have to work with, rather than using some natural disaster or "shocking" event to spice things up.

Two WTFs for me, though: How in the hell is no one seeing Jack?! He was literally standing in plain sight today, and Maggie was two feet away from him. Also, Brady gets to the party late, has time to chit-chat with Chloe and Nicole, but doesn't bother to say hello to his father?

Archived