OLTL Discussion for the week of August 15th

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

City High needs to make a new version of their "What would you do" song.

"What would you do if your special needs twin son was at home

Crying all alone on the bedroom floor 'cause he’s hungry

And the only way to feed him is to join the CIA for a little bit of money"

• Members

I agree with several others who are entertained by this thread! I haven't watched OLTL much in years but my interest is piqued with the two Todds so I've been following the synopses. But the common thread most people say is that this makes no sense -- since when have soaps made sense?? There are different levels of belief that people are willing to suspend but really, they never make TOO much sense which is why I assume we're all here;) Anyway, I wouldn't get too caught up on the ages of Tina or the Todds either. Yes, Tina should be about 49 but Cord was retconned in the 40th anniversary show to have been born in 1968, which means that a 23-ish year-old Tina would have been after a 17-year old Cord. There was no mention of an age gap between the two back then that I recall (and Cord's mother Maria would have jumped on that in a second). Even if the writers don't come back with some elaborate story about why Tina doesn't remember her mother's pregnancy, they could easily just say she was 2 when all this happened. That would put her year of birth at 1968. Both Tina and Cord were older than me in the mid-80s but Cord's retcon now puts him younger. I see no reason why Carlivati wouldn't go that route with Tina as well.

• Members

I feel so violated. I found myself laying out at the pool all day thinking about this. I know it doesn't make a lick of damn sense, but I am FASCINATED. I just want to know more, and can't wait for Tina to roll into town. He may have his flaws, but kudos to RC for finally telling a story that is not only a ratings hit, but sparking lots of discussion.

• Members

SoapBoy, just *DEAD* at your vodka-soaked ass feeling violated pool-side.

Sometimes I think the "One" in OLTL has become a rather ironic title. The weird thing with OLTL is that it can be so fun and outrageous with these retcons if you choose to look at the show as like a splashy comic book come to Life. It's only an "issue" (for me at least) when you try to reconcile the artistic/intelligent/ground-breaking (subjective words but I think you all know what I'm getting at) storylines with the campier fare. OLTL is kind of schizo in that way, but then again, what better show...

• Members

:lol: :lol: It was quite the sight.

There I am, just lounging on my floaty, drink in hand (something the administration has been consistently fighting me over. Actually I was in the middle of a debate on whether or not I should be permitted to milk my "Pineapple Mama" in-pool, when 2 o'clock struck. I promptly informed the pool manager that we would need to continue this conversation later, as "my stories" were starting.) pondering One Life to Live at great length. I am thoroughly convinced that I will not be allowed into this resort ever again. Or, if I am, they will promptly inform the bar of my arrival in the future.

• Members

Dude, you are a mess of a trip! laugh.png

Watching now on TouYube... first of all, Natalie looks great in that dress, and baby Liam has beautiful eyes.

Now... Viki is taking the sight of her long dead best friend who slept with her father and fathered her twin brothers extremely well. And no Irene did not get salty with Viki. This crap is nuts. And this is an awful lot of info to process in one ep, but there's really no other way.

Wow, Kelly and Joey... what are ya gonna do? This is best. This is just best. Wasted opportunities but ultimately a happy ending. I'll take it.

Aubrey and Cutter should just be dropped.

• Members

I bet a lot of newer fans are enjoying all of these nods to history the way in which I enjoyed them in the mid-'90s. But, man, all of the stuff Dorian and David are referencing was done so well, it was so much richer than the sort of throwaway line references might imply. It's really making me ache to see OLTL in the '70s when Victor was still living to get the full effect of my own viewing experience. :-\

Archived