OLTL Discussion for the week of August 15th

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I knew this would happen the minute I read Irene was alive. You dont dig up someone who's been dead for 33 years and not create a clusterf--k. All attempts to rationalize and make logical sense of this mess only creates more holes and questions which cant be answered

• Members

I asked YurSoakinginit since he's a big Tina fan

"I recall Krista Tesreau's Tina (who I found hard to watch, as it was!) saying that she was too little to remember, but there was some time that her mom had gone away. Viki may or may not have confirmed that - that I can't remember. But it was like a throwaway comment to address it... "

• Members

Random things I remember from watching this show in high school:

-In a charged, outdoor scene in winter, it was Tina (Krista Tesreau, in a little white fox chubby) who finally spat out the truth to Todd that he was Victor's son. She of course knew after David finally admitted that he wasn't her brother, and it was okay to [!@#$%^&*] with a clear conscience and steal over $20 million from a creep like Todd.

-David shared (made up) stories about going with his mother Irene to visit his father Victor in the hospital, and he described seeing an attractive, well-dressed (and innocent ;) ) lady (Dorian) there while they visited. This was all shown in recreated black and white flashbacks, they only showed Dorian below the face. Todd and David are the same age, so for the sake of helping us with timeline, Todd would have already been a little boy of 5 or so when Victor died in '76 (regardless of the fact that David made up the whole story about seeing his mother, and not Dorian, smother Victor).

• Members

Pamela wasnt "dead" when Ron had her return

Not this big. The biggest hole was that Viki took her baby home for a few days and didnt realize that the wrong child was returned to her? Even if one could beleive Niki came into play which messed with her memory and recognition of things, there was still Clint who should have noticed the difference. That was the most illogical part of the story. And that retcon, only rewrote one story, Jessica's birth and kidnapping. This Todd mess retcons a whole lot more.

• Members

And now for the biggest clusterf__k of them all: when Irene apologizes to Viki for all the damage she, Victor and others have inflicted upon her over the years, she mentions how brave she (Viki) must have been to live for so long knowing she once had married her own half-brother.

Viki: What are you talking about?

Irene: You mean -- you don't know?

Viki: Know what, Irene?

Irene: Viki...the man who raised you wasn't Victor Lord. Asa Buchanan, your former father-in-law, was the REAL Victor.

Nope.

There were more.

Archived