OLTL Discussion for the week of August 15th

• Members

Speaking of Tina, I cant remember how the original story went but did she know Todd at all? Irene gave him to her brother Peter, so Todd would have grown up as her cousin. Did they know each other as cousins before the Victor Lord reveal?

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Technically, he and Marty raped each other! *rimshot*

Yes, it does sort of kind of redeem Victor, but the whole character is so creepy and strange now, and fascinating to me. He was a disturbed manchild who became more Todd than Todd, became Irene's "new" Victor Lord, the funhouse mirror echo of Todd. I find that really compelling.

• Members

There really are two aspects that don't make sense:

1) Why wouldn't Tina have said anything about having a brother?

2) How could Victor Jr. flash back to something that he never witnessed?

And why would Irene order someone to kill the son she gave up? If se

• Members

I found this comment on YouTube. Can anyone verify the last part? I'm not worried about the Tina stuff since

"The idea of twins doesn't work, especially since Irene said that she had kept Victor although Tina who was with her when Todd was born was unaware of another son. Irene also said that Victor left Todd money in his will, but years ago they said that Irene made Victor set up the trust fund that had nothing to do with a will."

• Members

Vee,

Once again you get story FACTS wrong which is why it's so darn frustrating debating with you.

For the record, Viki only stopped condemning Todd AFTER learning about the suicide attempt from Tea in JANUARY. She was NOT in TnT prop mode as she was urging Todd to live for STARR and the boys. She reminded him how he almost gave up post-Ireland and he once again need to think of Starr and kids to find his way back home again. That somewhere inside him she knew he was the man who loved his children and knew they needed him badly to make it up to them. Todd then went to plead with Blair to see his sons. He visited Hope's grave, apologizing there to Starr. He then began to really want to get his kids back. Viki didn't even comment on Todd/Tea's relationship until months later.

But we do agree this show is all about Todd. Blair and Téa are just considered Todd's appendages which is why I rightly predicted there was never going to be any Todd-free big romance for Blair with Tomas. TK too just been a Todd prop.

As for rapemance, RC never erased it from continuity. Marty just threw it in his face last November AGAIN which is more than has been done about dead baby lie. I couldn't believe Starr insisted her REAL father would NEVER plot to fake her baby's death and hurt her like that. Hello, talk about totally wiping DBL from history to prop up RH! DBL was the most damaging act ever written for Todd. He had hurt Marty so many times in the past, with gang rape and getting Patrick "killed" it was not OOC to hurt her again. However, fans were NOT used Todd harming innocent children. That was his one saving grace, he never ever had harmed a child intentionally like that. Many fans turned on Todd for that including me. And for the record dead baby lie upset ME so much it's the one and only time I felt bad FOR Blair and sided WITH HER. I never wanted Todd to have SOLE cusody again after that as I sided with Téa on that point.

I certainly don't refuse to talk about rapemance. I've debated it to death as I find it was far more true to what Malone was going for with Todd viewing Marty caring/loving him as his real source of salvation. Rapemance wasn't even as insulting as Marty testifying Todd couldn't rape again cuz he "wuved" Blair too much.

One last time. Todd hurting Marty, whether intention or not, is part of his original character makeup. Todd throwing out BABIES and calling them "THINGS" was never ever part of his makeup and was completely OOC. And it turned ME into more of a Téa fan than Todd fan. I sided WITH HER ever since on the issue of Todd's rights to his kids.

Finally, your constant inablity to debate the CHARACTERS and STORIES vs fellow posters gets very old. Quit making everything personal and follow the rules and debate the events ONSCREEN not the posters!

• Members

It's as bad as Eterna.

I was snickering and snorting throughout today's show.

I felt truly bad for RH, TSJ and ES as they set up yesterday to be some meaty really emotional scenes and we got comedy instead.

I bet Chelsea Handler picks these scenes to mock next and deservedly so. I cringe as a soap fan watching this type of stupidity.

• Members

Two explanations. Either:

1) Tina was brainwashed (and given this show, that's probably what happened); or --

2) Irene concealed her pregnancy from everyone; then, after the twins' birth, when it appeared that Victor Jr. was...developmentally delayed...Irene placed him in the care of some hospital or clinic.

• Members

Her concealing her pregnancy has nothing to do with what I'm asking, though. The way she explained it was that 1) she gave Tina to Viki and 2) she discovered her pregnancy and went to Victor. Clearly the Todds are younger than Tina. Also, didn't Tina have the diary at some point? Wouldn't she have discovered all this?

Archived