OLTL Discussion for the week of August 15th

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah we knew that this part of the story would be BSC (in fact it is a little less BSC then I though it would be). But in a day or two most of this stuff will likely not even matter and we will get back to the heart of the story, How Todd and Victor jr and their family deal with this.

• Members

I have to say that one thing I can take out of this to appreciate is that it at least redeems TSJTodd for me. I thought for sure he was looking to be some evil mastermind who kept RH hidden all these years all while lying, and instigating his way into his family's life and playing them all for fools. Im glad he's an innocent in this as well with him being completely oblivious and just as mcuh manipulated and taken advantage of. I was also scared he wasnt going to get a name and would forever go down in history as Todd II, some random villian that stole Todd's identity for no apparent reason. Im glad he's family and it will be interesting to see how they deal with that bc those bonds dont automatically sever. This adds a whole new layer to the Todd/Tea relationship and I wish it would play out

• Members

This is stupid, and the continuity holes are gaping.

So they're saying that Irene raised Victor, Jr., while Todd went off with Peter. If that were the case, Tina would have remembered all this -- as she was raised by Irene up until the time Irene died when Tina was a teenager. However, I distinctly remember when Todd was revealed to be Victor's son, Tina saying that she had no memories of Irene having had another child; and that was played off by the whole premise of Todd being raised by other people. Who the hell doesn't remember their life as a teenager? How are they going to explain Irene having Victor Jr., while she was also raising Tina (who previously said she doesn't remember her mother having another child?)

Also, they're saying that Victor Jr. was given all of Todd's memories via hearing Todd recall his life. So, assuming TSJ is Victor Jr., does that mean that Tumbo recalled those very specific details that Victor Jr. gave to Starr when she quizzed him about things that only Todd would know? And it was a petty/throwaway tidbit (about Suzanne and one of Starr's old reptiles), not anything major, that he recalled in explicit detail that proved to her that TSJ was in fact Todd. Don't tell me Tumbo relayed something that petty for Victor Jr. to adopt to his memories. Not to mention those execution scenes. I don't care if Victor Jr. did *hear* Todd's life story, when his own life was flashing before him during execution, he wouldn't have recalled the visual imagery pre-2003.

I call bullsh*t on all this.

And Dear Lord, seeing those two Tumbo's in one scene together was creepy.

• Members

I bet they either ignore the Tina angle or rewrite it that her mom was taking care of a friend's kid while she was younger. If she had the little boy, then why lie about it to Viki? Why not just tell her that it was Ted Clayton's son as she claimed Tina was? If she wanted a better life for Tina, which is why she gave her away, why wouldnt she give up the boy as well?

The memories part makes NO sense at all. Even if one can buy that he can recite facts back from hearing, you cant fake flashbacks or the emotional investment that goes along with them. There are too many minute details that simply can not be covered within such a short time span. Makes no sense at all. Why did she even need to send a fake back at all? I hope she clarifies that further tomorrow

• Members

I am not sure we know that VIctor Jr. is guilt free. It could be he came to town for the exact same reason he conjured up as Walker Lawrence. I guess it sort of depends what happened to him once he was "released" or did he have the face change while still under Irenes control.

• Members

Does it really matter why he came to town? He honestly thought he was Todd. His reasons for conjruing up Walker can still remain bc he did it under the pretense that he was Todd and used it to slwoly ingratiate himself back into everyone's life. Its what be beleived to be true for his reality.

• Members

Here's the official ABC recap for anyone interested

At Llanfair Todd 1.0 and Todd 2.0 are stunned to see Viki, John and Brody enter with Irene Manning -- their long lost mama! Viki doesn't understand how Irene could be alive. The last time she saw her, Irene had cancer and left Tina at Llanfair for Viki to raise. Irene explains that she faked having cancer in order to give Tina a better life. She looks at the two Todd's, pleased that her sons are together again. As Todd 1.0 and Todd 2.0 stare at her, Irene confirms that she gave birth to identical boys. When she told Victor that she was pregnant the second time, he cut her off without a dime. So she gave Todd to Peter Manning. The other one -- Victor, Jr. -- was raised by Irene. He was quiet; some would say special. To provide for herself and Victor Jr., who was unable to care for himself, Irene got involved with the CIA. Viki and her brothers explode with confusion; can this all be true? John gets on the phone with the lab to confirm that yes, Todd 1.0 and Todd 2.0 are indeed twin brothers. He leaves the room at Irene's request, but only after hiding a tape recorder. Satisfied Irene continues. She kept tabs on Todd over the years and was surprised that Victor Sr. had left money for Todd in his will. Irene didn't want to come forward with Victor Jr. because it would jeopardize her work at the CIA. But then she realized there was another way in which Todd could be useful to her. Her people approached Todd to ask him to fund anti-terrorist groups, but Todd had refused. When he threatened to expose them, Irene contacted Tomas and ordered him to kill Todd, saying he was an enemy of the state. However, when Tomas brought a badly beaten, near dead Todd (courtesy of Mitch) to Irene, she got an idea. Since Victor Jr. was so susceptible, Irene drugged Todd and had him tell Victor Jr. all about his life -- until Victor Jr. began to think he was Todd. Irene then arranged for Victor Jr. to resume Todd's life. She even gave Victor the same scar as Todd, making her sons identical in every way possible. Todd 1.0 interrupts; if Irene went through all that trouble to make them identical, then why do they have different faces? Viki chimes in; which is Todd and which one is Victor Jr.?

Archived