OLTL: Discussion for the week of July 11

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

RE: Rex, usually I shrug his schtick off, but there is something extra weird about today. I think it is because the material is pretty dark and he doesn't feel like going there. He is sort of spitting the material out like a run through opposed to a taped performance. Rex is an interesting one because I cannot always tell the difference between choices JPL makes for the character and choices he makes for himself to make his job easier.

• Members

Bo is talking about his son, Drew. He didn't raise Drew and Drew was bitter about this. He became a con artist. Eventually Drew became a cop and was killed by annoying Sonia Satra. Bo lugged his body around for a week in desperate Emmy bait. Drew's mother, the wonderful Becky Lee, convinced Bo to let his son go.

Bo now uses Rex as his dead son replacement.

As for JPL, I never know whether he is openly tanking stories or if he just can't act. I think deep down he sees all this as beneath him. Supposedly he deliberately tanked the Stacy story and Mitch stuff, yet his work here is the same as that sh!t. OLTL turns Gigi into a cash cow solely to make him a star, and it still doesn't work.

Archived