B&B: July Discussion Thread

• Members

B&B is on a freakin roll! Thursday's ep was ON FIRE! It's about time Stephanie did something to screw over Brooke and instead screwed over Taylor in the process. All of the history that played into those scenes were so rich. I LOVED that Taylor pretty much called Ridge out on placing the blame of all of this on Thomas when it really lies with Stephanie.

I can't believe B&B has come up with a story where I'm on Team Taylor! I totally back everything she's doing and don't believe it has anything to do with Ridge- it's about Stephanie and making her reap what she sows. It's Taylor's just desserts that when Stephanie is on her death bed, she'll know her beloved Ridge is about to lose control of Forrester Creations- Stephanie will even screw up Ridge's life in death.

I thought the whole show was brilliant, the best B&B episode I've seen in ages. And Brooke was fabulous too. KKL sometimes shines when she's supporting in scenes rather than leading them.

And of course Bill & Steffy were hot, Hot, HOT!

Anyone know who wrote Thursday's show? I'm guessing Mulcahey, but of course. It seems like the type of episode Bradley would designate Patrick to write.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL @ Bill: "I don't suppose you'd buy that I was posing for an origami sculpture." laugh.gif I think Steffy is right, she is not a kid anymore and I think Taylor should just be happy for her. But at the same time I can understand why she's hesitant about it.

Katie doesn't know what's coming her way! What a sad ending with her declaring she wants to renew her vows with Bill on the spot with all her friends/family there. Bill doesn't know what to do LOL I'm spoiler free on this so will be looking forward to see what happens on Monday...

It was a Rex M. Best script & ICAM with you about Thurday's ep.

• Members

I was LMAO at how Bill wasnt even trying to hide it and Steffy had that "oh sh-t!" look on her face Im glad Taylor expressed her concerns bc she cant come down on Brooke for messing with her marriage and condone Steffy doing it to someone else, at least not without objecting to it first.

Oh Katie, what an idiot! Who springs a surprise minister on their husband like that? She better hope he wont embarass her and make her look like a fool in front of everyone and tell her he came home to dump her

Brooke/Stephanie scenes...Zzzzzz.....been there before.

• Members

Steffy = Taylor... always with the excuses for why the standards they set for other people don't have to be followed. Steffy is exactly who her mother raised her to be. A married man is off limits... unless you want him. PRICELESS!

Anyone else think the writers threw out a juicy tidbit today? HOW could taylor have loved Ridge the moment she saw him when she was treating his dying wife. Are there further storyline implications or did the writers forget BnB history for a moment? When Caroline died, Stephanie admitted to Taylor that she didn't trust her and that she was curious about why Taylor was always at her house looking for Ridge. Then there's this clip (note Ridge still sporting his "Caroline Beard"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot8CShmqvww&feature=related

• Members

I forgot to even comment on those scenes probably because they were so boring. I find it funny how Stephanie wants to maintain her BFF friendship with Brooke now. She didn't seem to care to much about it a few months ago. What does she really want?! Their scenes were also like deja vu to me because Stephanie was saying the SAME STUFF Brooke was saying to her before she found out about Steph's lie. It's back and forth with these two. Stephanie is now bowing down at Brooke's feet, probably until Brooke's next scandal...LOL

• Members

I'm with ya! Actually both of these women should be angry at Ridge I mean his whole entire marriage to Taylor was contingent on Brooke what I found disgusting is the writing of this silly ass triangle with these three geriatrics and Brooke nobly giving her ring to Taylor as a symbol of their love...gimme a break...

...and it didn't make a lick of sense...what I am glad about his Taylor who always is written under the bus standing tall the look on Ridges face was unreal..LOL He thought he could talk her down give her a pat on the shoulder Taylor's thing was Naw pal it ain't goin down like this

But the pimp hand stroking Brook and Ridge never left the writing...Taylor should not want this man she should not be in love with Ridge she should not be "waiting for him" after dumping her ass again...and I'm a Taylor fan but dramatically speaking I don't understand this woman always loving a man like this...

The Hope actress K. Matula? and Joanna (Karen/Caroline Spencer) really do look a lot alike like they're related....

• Members

You're welcome CRC. I love the old clips because when you hear the characters talk about their old history, it bears no resemblance to what ACTUALLY happened. I almost spit my lunch when Stephanie talked about the things she and Brooke have done to one another over the years. Translations? Brooke was as big a victim THEN as she is NOW! That's not changed. Stephanie rarely ever faults the men in her life for what THEY'VE done to her -- dumping on her to protect Brooke from her.

Brooke never chased Eric, she was too heartbroken over Ridge and Eric was the 'sympathetic ear' who one day surprised Brooke to tell her that he'd fallen in love with her. Brooke didn't break up Steph's marriage. They were in separate beds when the show started, with Eric making cracks to Ridge about how lucky he was to have Caroline and if he was 20 years younger, he'd fight Ridge for her... at the breakfast table, with his children and Steph present. Eric had already been engaged to Brooke's mother and dated other Forrester models. Eric dumped Stephanie, again, when she couldn't/wouldn't stop behaving like a raging *****.

Stephanie picked up on Taylor's sleaze game early on. She confronted Taylor about always showing up at her house to 'help' a grieving Ridge and could see that Taylor had designs on Ridge. Here's a nother clip from just before Ridge and Taylor were married the first time. THe context is that Ridge was crying over Brooke, he'd broken their engagement by making her think he'd cheated her on. Earlier, Taylor has suggested that Brooke not leave Eric for Little Rick's sack saying he needed both of them in the home and they could 'wean' him off of their family unit (idiotic advice and self-serving). Ridge watched Eric grow increasingly upset as the 'end' was coming near -- including faking blindness after recovering from temporary blindness. He wanted her to go back to Eric because he finally realized how much pain Eric was in. Before he boarded the plane to St.Thomas, he cried over Brooke's picture and said, "We almost made it this time, Logan". Then he shows up in St. Thomas and swears that he loves Taylor, despite having dumped her at the clubhouse for Brooke, and having never committed to her before. Stephanie confronts Taylor after the engagement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXCj9gKfgFY

Note that the scheming psychiatrist never gave the 'respect for your son' speech when it came to Brooke. The story, from the beginning of the dilapidated triangle, has always been about Brooke and Ridge being kept apart with the occasional "soul mate" speech and "who would be hurt by their love" speech.

• Members

That rewrite specifically, just bugs the ever-livin' crap out of me. Steph was a cold, controlling bitch when the show started. Eric was never portrayed as happy. And Brooke did nothing to chase him. I remember the scene where after Ridge and Brooke broke up, Eric found a pic of Brooke in a bikini and ogled it like a middle-aged man fondles the SI swimsuit edition.

Steph hates Brooke for one reason, and one reason only---she's Beth's daughter. She can cite chapter and verse about Brooke's faults, but she never holds anyone else accountable for doing the same things.

• Members

I dont think its as simple as that bc she doesnt hate Katie. She didnt have an issue with Donna till she personally came after her and her family and of course later married Eric. Katie is the only one of Beth's daughters she doesnt mind bc Katie never gave her a reason to dislike her. She liked her with Thorne and would have gladly welcomed her into the family had they gotten that far. I think the whole Eric issue is the main reason why she does hate Brooke.

Even if Brooke didnt chase after him, it did hurt Stephanie's ego to have her husband divorce her for a much younger woman and inpregnate her. She wanted to stay married to him and work on fixxing things and she percieved Brooke to be the one to interfere with that by distracting Eric. In many cases it easier to blame the other woman, and was the case here bc it allowed her to avoid realizing and acknowleding the faults within herself and what she had done to cause her marriage to go south

• Members

But she hated Brooke from the moment she started dating Ridge. Long before Eric. No doubt the hate has grown over the years because of Eric, Thorne, getting 51% of Forrester, etc. etc. But it all boils down to Beth. Steph may not hate Donna and Katie to the same degree, but as soon as they cross her, they're "those Logan sluts". Even when Bridget's ONS with Owen came out, she was a "Logan slut".

• Members

Wow! It is rather jarring to watch these early Taylor/Stephanie clips. I've been watching for nearly 15 years and never knew that their initial relationship was like that or that Taylor started out as a bit of a schemer. :lol:

Now I wonder what changed everything, both on-screen (what moment did Stephanie start liking Taylor for instance) and BTS (I'm assuming the show had certain intentions for Taylor in the beginning and decided to go in another direction at some point).

• Members

Stephanie hated Taylor for a good year and a half and the reasons for disliking her were purely selfish. She wanted Eric back but Eric loved and wanted Brooke. Stephanie felt that if Brooke was with Ridge, then Eric would be free to be with her. The problem was Taylor was in the picture. Stephanie was Brooke supporter and tried to help and encourage her to get rid of Taylor

What changed? She started to act differently after they got married. I think eventually she saw that Taylor made Ridge happy and she accepted their relationship and marriage.

Here's a clip of Stephanie telling Taylor why she doesnt like her: http://www.lorreb.com/sfbb1992/SFBB1992618.wmv

Here's the scene where Stephanie admits that she was wrong about that: http://www.lorreb.com/sfbb1992/SFBB1992660.wmv

15zjujt.gif

LMAO, this evil eye Stephanie gives her is funny

Archived