B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

Еnglish Subtitles are now added for episodes 2065 - 2150! 

If I have time I will do the episodes that are missing from the videoland till 2065 so that anyone can start watching the german episodes if they want.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@slick jonesand all trivia lovers:

Did we know that Eddie Cibrian (nowadays best known for being LeAnn Rimes' husband, I guess) got his start on B&B before being hired for Y&R as Matt Clarke (after unsuccessfully auditoning for Nick Newman)!?

Haven't seen his dayplayer episode yet, but he is credited in #1813 as "Dave"

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

Totally random observation:

The Morocco storyline suddenly and unexpectedly got 100% better when James met Ahmed! I can't believe how well they play off each other! I could easily watch an entire spinoff where these two gentlemen doctors solve cozy mysteries together in the Moroccan desert while drinking tea, discussing philosophy, and having silly interactions with bellydancers. Ahmed gives me Dr Watson vibes.

• Members

Yes, exactly! I think inserting James undercover in this storyline really vitalized it (just watching Taylor completely isolated as Leila wasn't very interesting).

And Ahmed is the single most redeeming thing about this entire storyline. He is just charming. (He also reminds me of an uncle who was an important part of my life when I was growing up.)

• Members

In Australia, Bold is the #1 show on the broadcasters streaming service, 10play. Data is measured in three ways: overnight, +7 days and +28 days. 10play episodes are same pace as the US.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by boldau

• Members

Does anybody know how I can pay for a subscription to Videoland from the U.S.?? I have NordVPN and they're letting me get as far as putting my payment info in, but when I try and put it through, it says the payment failed. I hope someone can help!! I'm trying to open up my own account.

Edited by ltm1997

• Members

I made a Videoland account last year and only used the 14 day trial and then didn’t renew the subscription. Now that I’m trying to get the subscription, it won’t let me even go through with picking a plan because it says you can only do it in the Netherlands. Then when I turn on the VPN and it lets me pick my subscription, it doesn’t even allow PayPal as an option, and it won’t let any card of mine go through.

• Members

Yes, I have tried to pay for videoland subscription and my credit cards were not accepted. I wrote to them why paypal payment is not available and they said it is because of them at paypal.  And yes, it is impossible to do anything on videoland without good VPN

Edited by Pedro

• Members

I have to say that 1995 was good in the middle but started getting really boring towards the end. The Eric Taylor forbidden love was disgusting and went for like 100 episodes. I was so bored and thankful that Taylor said No in the end.

Eric proposing to Sally was a joke and not in a good way. I get it was a set up but it was way too over the top. Now at episode 2190 and with Sheila out of the asylum it's getting interesting.

Wow let me say after the amazing consistent 1987 to 1993...

The last 2 years have been a mess. I would have never started watching the show if I was seeing this. I understand now why a lot of people dropped out of watching in my country in this period and always talked about the past.

Bradley Bell didn't have the talent and the experience to write this show. If Bill Bell was still on as a writing lead... we would have had many more wonderful years.

When I think of 1988 to 1993 especially I am so in love with the series... 1987 too.

The stakes were high, people had so many layers and dialogue was like a fine fine movie that kept you guessing and in awe of the manipulation and sharpness of the characters.

1994 and 1995 have been like a Sims simulation of the original series.

1 dimensional, teenage style of thinking and writing, cartoonish plot twists, laughable evil villains, repetitive dialogue and absurd melodramatic opera monologues. It has left me with a bad feeling. 

I will say it's improved for couple of months and at one time I was sure it was back but it isn't. We had to endure Eric proposing Taylor for the 89th time.

I liked Sheila's madhouse storyline at least. And I hope the future is better.

Edited by divinemotion