"SuperCouples" You found Boring

• Members

Ew, you reminded me of another "Super Couple" I found boring.

DAYS

John & Isabella- she was a boring dog and the WORST coupling John ever had. How their love ever became iconic I'll never know. John had FAR more chemistry & potential with Marlena, Diana, and Kristen. Hell, I even liked him better with SUSAN than Izzy-B.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If I wanted a complete snoozefest, I'd invite:

B&B:

Ridge & Brooke

Thorne & Macy

Bill & Katie

Rick & Amber+Kimberly+Phoebe

Hope & anyone

Y&R:

Victor & Nikki

Ryan & Nina

Danny & Christine

Jack & Phyllis

Nick & Sharon

Cane & Lily

Victoria & Cole

GH:

Luke & Laura

Sonny & Brenda

Jason & Elizabeth

Robin & Patrick

Dante & Lulu

Carly & Jax

DAYS:

John & Marlena

Chloe & Brady

Bo & Hope+Billie

Roman & Kate

Sami & Brandon

Sunset:

Ben & Meg

Cole & Caitlin

Dynasty:

Blake & Krystal

• Members

Don't forget Ashley & Cole, ESPECIALLY with Shari Sh!ttuck in the part. Though I don't think I'd consider them a supercouple! :lol:

The ONLY character Cole truly had chemistry with was Nikki, though the Victoria/Cole plotline showcased some EXCELLENT storytelling by Bill Bell.

• Members

CKLily and anyone. (Y&R) That girl has no chemistry at all. Not even with herself.

John and Evangeline (OLTL)

John and Marlena (Days)

Jack and Carly (ATWT) *ducks*

Jason and Sam (GH)

Sonny and Brenda (GH)

There are alot of couples that I never saw chemistry between, but I can't think of any others I would consider 'super'couples.

• Members

One thing I've realized in all of this is how many people list super-couples for Y&R. Yes Victor and Nikki are a super couple and probably Nick and Sharon, Neil and Dru, and Danny and Christine are too but for the most part I've thought of Y&R having supercouples. Ryan and Nina, Cole and Victoria, Paul and Christine etc. they were all merely simple couples to me in the grand scheme of things. Then again Y&R used their ensemble better.

I'm surprised I hadn't even posted here yet. For starters I guess I'll go with:

AW:

-Michael and Donna

-Joe and Paulina

-Dean and Jenna

ATWT:

-Holden and Lily after 2000 or so

-Mike and Katie

-Brad and Katie

-Hal and Barbara

-Noah and Luke

B&B:

-Rick and Amber

-Nick and Brooke

Beach:

-Cole and Caitlin

Days:

-Mike and Carrie

-Roman and Kate

-Austin and Sami

-Shawn and Belle for about 3/4 the time.

GL:

-Danny and Michelle

-Shane and Marina

-Frank and Eleni

-Alan-Michael and Lucy

Y&R:

-Cane and Lily

-Billy and Victoria

-Raul and Brittney

-Nick and Phyllis

-Danny and Christine

• Members

You BEST be duckin! The only man who failed the chemistry test with Maura was Jon Hensley, yet he still had more chemistry with her than Martha Byrne IMO

I agree on most, but I DO think the show and many fans considered Paul & Christine a supercouple at the time. They were pretty big in their heydey, location shoots and such, not to mention the Isabella storyline and its climax.

I concur that Ryan & Nina weren't a supercouple, but BOTH of the triangles they were involved in- Victoria/Ryan/Nina and Nina/Ryan/Tricia- were HUGE and storylines that lasted 2 or more years.

Oddly enough, Ryan had more chemistry with Jess Walton's Jill than ANY of his other leading ladies, yet the show foolishly never went there. It's one thing I HATED about Y&R always- they'd chem test people and never go there. It was ALWAYS couplings I wanted to see too- Ryan/Jill, Brad/Sharon, Brad/BE Ashley (I'm talking during and after her marriage to Vic- not her earlier years- wasn't watching Y&R yet).

• Members

At its best Y&R had characters who moved beyond any couple and who always had those ties, sort of like an ache, but also had an identity of their own. A prime example of this would be Ryan/Victoria for most of the 90's (I disliked Ryan, more and more over time, but I thought the show did a good job of handling their relationship).

Now, characters sit there and die when they aren't in a relationship (Nick) and suffocate when they are in a relationship (Nick).

• Members

All of them.

Honestly, super couples are what i hate the most about soaps. I always find once they become a super couple they lose what made them as characters interesting and become one. Never more prominent than with John and Marlena becoming Jarlena and never being able to be individual characters again.

Archived