Neslon Branco vs. Hope Brady

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't remember exactly, but when ABC fired Scott Clifton and Brett Claywell from OLTL in early 2010, Nelson Branco claimed that they were unprofessional and partied all the time instead of concentrating on their jobs. It was a pretty nasty thing to say, and was denied by several cast members. It was even more offputting because he'd praised the "Kish" story for ages until the actors were fired, and suddenly out came the knives.

• Members

Who said she's up for the part? All I have read is NB pimping out Crystal or Nadia for that role

They probably have a casting call out because they don't want to pay anyone. If they were willing to pay the money why not bring Megan Ward back.

• Members

She is, but she stays out of all that, just focuses on her jewelery.

Peter Reckell briefly defended her (just asking people to stop). Molly Burnett, Judi Evans, and the guy who plays Chad were defending Crystal, although Molly was the main one. Some felt she was also praising or condoning Branco. She later said she didn't like his comments.

• Members

I guess it wouldn't have been worth the time and money wasted. I was really upset about that at the time, and probably still am, because both of them had given everything in their performances, at a time when many of OLTL's actors barely managed to stay awake, and as a result, they were not only fired, not only blamed in TV Guide for the ratings fall, but then they were personally smeared.

And it just shows the shallowness of today's soap journalism, this one in particular, that suddenly, they went from being praised to being demonized.

• Members

U mean Scott evans Not Clifton but yeah he took the word of a source at OLYL (Riumored to be Farah Fath) That Brett & Scott were unprofessional and ran with it but never asked for their side of the story. Kinda funny given that qith the mTS Y&R thing he swears he got both sides. Tell that to MTS. I wonder if tV gyide canada will fire him

It looks like his twitter may be suspended but not gone, all the tweets are still there and he has no followers or is following. Maybe temporary since i follow him and never unfriended him. So maybe twitter is blocking him for a few days for punishment?

Archived