MAB is selling REAL LIFE JABOT PRODUCTS

• Members

I didn't see this posted here so I thought I would post it for some general discussion on it. This comes from Jamey G at DC

For the first time our fans can own a piece of the show, and at the same time, share in the storyline as it unfolds live on TV," Maria Bell, producer and head writer, The Young and the Restless, remarks. "The brand launch is going to be completely integrated to the show. The back story on how Jabot started and product development is going to be featured in Y&R story lines, and we are going to use actual Jabot products on-set with the same packaging as you will see in retail. Plus, viewers will soon see a new Jabot set as well!" Quote from MAB

Clever, or hot Smoke?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do think it's clever and the show has been pretty good for like a month now and spoliers still look promising. But like SoapBoy said the main thing Im looking foward to is the Jabot storyline it self along with the Abbotts which seem to have been front burner some what for a while now.

• Members

New set? I hope that doesn't mean it's going to be in place of the one we have, because that will be an EPIC Clusterf*ck.

Besides, the chances that it's going to be a good set are almost zero... they haven't done a good, new set in years.

• Members

that's just it, these tie-ins are always so cheap and when I think of a Jabot fragrance for example I think of at least a $45 bottle on the level of Elizabeth Arden or Ralph Lauren. Not something sold at CVS not even behind the glass.

• Members

By all means, fire a two-time emmy winner, and hope to deflect it with news of a cheap assed tie in. Fifteen years ago, this would have been newsworthy. Today all it illustrates is how far behind the "flagship" of CBS daytime really is.

Archived