MAB is selling REAL LIFE JABOT PRODUCTS

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hell, ya!!

I just LOVE how she says, "Sall-on".

But seriously, I won't be buying any of them.. although I don't think it's a bad idea. Anything ot bring in more money to the show, i'm up for. BTW... i'm interested to know what fragrances you all wear, this is what I use (introduced 1975):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VOJBM8/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000XEAZPI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1K81CZB4XTV130DQ32W3

• Members

:lol: I am officially freaked out by that shot. This is going to sound gross but all I can think of is poor John Abbott... on his wedding night... with that face crawling towards him. Shudder!

----------------

This sounds like a HUGE waste of money. Everybody, from the richest fashion maven to the lowliest mall rat, is looking for quality in their cosmetics. They don't care who makes it as long as it is effective. So unless "Jabot" starts producing

-a tried-and-true Retinol-based product that actually reduces the signs of aging,

-stays on for 12+ hours,

-keeps skin super-moisturized,

-prevents breakouts,

-and doesn't smell like Jessica Simpson's left armpit after a Texas chili cookout in mid-August

then MAB/Sony/CBS/whoever has thrown their money behind this ill-begotten venture are heading for a major LOSS. Unless you are Crème de la Mer, you cannot package vaseline in a jar and stick a label on it claiming it works miracles. YOU WILL BE SUED FOR IT! And the entire Y&R/Bell brand suffers as a result.

And nowadays, if a cosmetic cannot promise to do something for you, it ain't worth the shelf it is stacked on.

• Members

Well Cat, you know my stance on this sort of thing and my perspective on the business, ingredient decks etc. I will be analysing each formula once the products are released.

It should be known that this is a licensing deal. Sony/Bell isn't investing a dollar in this enterprise. They get a cut of all net profits. CBS Brands and an outside company are the entities behind these products.

• Members

Yes, I do, and you know how much I respect your professional opinion on this subject, DaytimeFan. You opened my eyes and helped change my cosmetic habits and I am so much the better for it!

I was coming from the POV of somebody who has tried a lot of different products, shopped around, tried to make informed decisions. I am not alone in trying to navigate those waters! Everybody I know, no matter what the price-point of the products they buy, wants something EFFECTIVE for their face. Not just any old crap. Nobody wants to risk getting a terrible allergic reaction, either. The website looks cheaply put together, it makes me wonder if the products are, too.

NOW. If Tracy Bregman were hawking this on QVC or in an infomercial alongside Leeza Gibbons, Susan Lucci and the Sheer Cover makeup range, I might have more confidence in the seriousness of the enterprise. I mean, whoever invested in this, did they do so because they think there is some longevity in the Y&R brand? :lol: Or because they want to make a fast buck? Think about that as you prepare to bid goodbye to AMC and OLTL, everybody.

• Members

Tracy Bregman is actually launching the products on HSN. Plus it's being sold at ULTA stores and the brand's website. The retail outlets they've chosen are interesting and appropriate for the demographic. Both electronic retailing, internet and traditional brick and mortar stores really spreads the products across all possible avenues. The products MIGHT be good, there is always hope...but my bet is that the colour cosmetics will perform mediocre and the skincare will be littered with irritants and fragrance without the state of the art ingredients necessary for skin to benefit.

You've got it absolutely right Cat, the consumer is SMART these days. Regardless of the price point there are great products out there, these Jabot products have stiff competition from the top with Estee Lauder and Clinique to the lower end with Goodskin and CeraVe.

• Members

It must be hard to be a woman (I know you're not, Daytime fan) in this day and age with all the hoo-ha around to slather on your face. Just listening to Cat discuss what she goes through makes me shudder, and glad to be a guy. I've always had oily skin, so use nothing at all.. but damned if the best hand cream in the world, Pacquin plus, got discontinued and now sells for a fortune on ebay. Sometimes I wonder if many of the expensive cosmetics are really made with more expensive ingredients, or if your'e bascially paying for a name. I know clothing is like that.. if I paid a premium for a garment, i'd expect the damn thing to at the very LEAST have french seams.. but more often that not, it's not the case.

Archived