May 16-20, 2011

Toups

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But babyswitch was popular because of Ari Zucker, not Ali Sweeney. Sami´s part was the boring one. And I would hardly call Sami DAYS biggest star. It´s something TPTB believes and NBC hopes for, but I don´t think viewers care so much. I don´t think viewers ever connected with this new version of Sami the heroine. If fans were interested in Days of Sami´s Life the ratings would be different. She is on all the time.

• Administrator

I disagree. It's these type of storylines that work. Though I don't watch AMC, look at this Erica kidnapped storyline. They are building up to the revelation that there's a faux-Erica and then there's going to be rescue and reunion with Jack and her family. I'm predicting that AMC will get 2.6-2.7 million viewers for that week.

• Administrator

If Nicole switched babies with say Melanie or Stephanie, you really think the ratings would've been so big? I don't think so. The fact that it was Sami's baby *made* that storyline.

• Members

I think you're right about Erica but then again, it's Erica! Susan Lucci has and always will be AMC. I think there are a lot of people out there, like me, who aren't crazy about Sami or Alison Sweeney. She's fine; I remember when she first appeared and the Sami/Eric/Carrie stories were great. I just don't care that much about her but DAYS keeps putting her front and center. I feel they need to move away from the character.

• Members

Well speaking as a woman I guess soaps really don't appeal to me anymore because the constant pushing women as victims is not something

I am interested in watching. And seeing how the female audience has fled these shows over the past so many years, I can't be alone.

• Members

I'm enjoying OLTL so much right now. The 2 Todds have me intrigued. So glad to see OLTL maintaining decent ratings. :D

I don't know what to say about Days. I just hope the new regime can do something to bring back viewers. Every time I see Jen with Dan I want to scream where da hell is Jack? I am so frustrated with Days right now. :wacko:

• Members

+1!

I think AMC will get higher ratings next week for the past 3 days' episodes because it's been on a roll with the Ricky/Kendall story wrapping up. Not that ABC cares at this point anyway.

• Members

You know, there's zero chance Brian Frons will admit he made a mistake and "un-cancel" OLTL, but the ratings for OLTL of late could very likely lead to him shipping a few OLTL characters (namely Blair, RH-Todd, and a couple others) to GH. Because he has to realize that GH will drop even more without any of its sister shows paired with it.

(I think it would be a dumb move, personally; transplanted characters rarely work, save for Skye's initial few years on GH before Guza marginalized her....but I can see him doing that before undoing what he's already done to OLTL).

Archived