Should Robin Strasser have more gratitude to Brian Frons? He let her return in 2003

• Members

First of all I absolute despise Brian Frons, think hes the biggest ass and he killed ABC daytime. I know Robin Strasser has been outspoken and I bet it all a domino effect from the horrid Dorian writing last two years, her huge paycut and the show being cancelled just coming to a head. Her leaving early seems very fishy to me and seems forced. Honestly I will say something that Frons who brought Robin back to ABC daytime in 2003. Robin left OLTL in late 1999 under the worst conditions. She and Jill had the nastiest fights ever. It was all apparently remember Jill's infamous 1999 Dorian kills Jessica's baby storyline which we all saw writing on the wall. RS left in late 1999 and it was pretty known she would never be allowed back as long as Angela Shapiro was in charge. She wasn't allowed back to OLTL until March 2003 when Brian Frons assumed the president position. In fact Gary Tomlin tried to bring Robin back and he was told it would NEVER HAPPEN. So Robin credits Frank but honestly he allowed her to return to the show in 2003. I think Robin is always outspoken but you know what it sometimes has gotten her in bad places especially when she was off OLTL for three years because of all that stuff that transpired between her and Jill.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't get what you're saying. She should have gratitude for being part of a mass lay off? What kind of gratitude should she have? "Thank you, Brian, for running the daytime division into the ground rendering it necessary for ALL OF OUR JOBS to be snatched from us!" Personally, having been laid off twice -- both in cowardly fashions -- I can empathize with Strasser.

Precisely.

• Members

Robin returned to OLTL with a huge cut of her former salary, and has since taken several other paycuts, all while working hard in material that has often stunk. If she was that ungrateful she wouldn't have done any of this.

• Members

Odly enough i felt the same way when i read the title. LOL

Sorry Johnny, but i don't think you'll be getting any good feedback because most people (includding me) are still very angry about what he's done to daytime. and we will stay angry for a very long long time. I love Robin and yes she's is very outspoken. I think she had problems with the producers when she left in 1987 too. I really hope she gets her health together and gets either on another soap or on prime time. Oh wouldn't it be funny if she got a gig on Castle as an ex lover of his trying to win him back.

• Members

The thing is I have stated how much I hate frons and him taking oltl away from me. He is the lowest scum but my point robin does herself no favors. I understand catherine hickland speaking out,n she doesn't work for abc anymore. Robin should have told us the whole scoop after oltl was over. Honestly I didn't think robin would come back those three years she was away, she really angered shapiro and upper abc execs. Abc always hated her hotline.

• Members

Strasser is very outspoken but it never goes in her favor. She was even bashing oprah on her twitter. I think she's a great actress but she should really have waited. Look at kim zimmer she was public about the gl downfall but we now get her book two years later.

Archived