OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 23

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its her job to uphold the law, not act as a DA, who chooses when and how she chooses to follow the rules and who is and isnt guilty. Covering up a murder is a crime and its what she is guilty of. That is not in her job description. Thats why she is by far one of the most hypocritcal characters on the show. I commend Matthew for finally wanting to take responsibility for what he did and not wanting to let someone else go down for his crime. His dingbat mother isnt teaching him a good lesson. "You can do whatever you want bc you are a Buchanan and you are my kid, so I'll just cover it up". I just cant past her double standards especially when she was hell bent on making Clint fry for this even before any evidence even turned up implicating him

• Members

The show so obviously planned this "redemption" of Aubrey from the start, and as a result never did a thing to actually make it believable. I don't believe she cares about Joey, or anyone. I just hope this is the last thing I will have to see Terri Conn in.

Apparently the previews for tomorrow tell us that

I'm glad that, even as OLTL winds down, they make sure we know who we're supposed to love.

• Members

I feel like someone just said "what the hell, why even bother." It's like a parody of a parody of a parody. More and more I'm starting to believe the rumor that OLTL won't be bringing anyone back. It wouldn't fit any of the plans the show seems to have for the two Todds, Aubrey, the Fords, Mess, Cookie Cutter, John, etc. They might as well just spend the last months having the cast film scenes from the Gor novels.

• Members

Redemption sucks. It is unnecessary for EVERY character and oltl overuses it.

From Wiki: (Belle Clemens Britton Kincaid) was one of the rare villainesses who was a villain because she enjoyed it.

I would like to see more of that.

• Members

The biggest problem is what are you being redeemed for? For instance, they have told us that Ford didn't rape Jessica and that it was actually hot sex, so why keep reminding us that he is supposed to be our hero? Aubrey's plans were relatively harmless, so why even bother redeeming her? Is it, as with Stacey towards the end, because she is a woman and we are supposed to bask in the glow of her realizing her purity or goodness, or whatever? And why is it that some characters, like Matthew, get no redemption, and are all but consigned to burn in hell?

• Members

It is such a silly formula where they bring somebody in who is sleazy and up to no good and has lotsa sex (because we will not like them otherwise :rolleyes: ), and once they have caught the attention of the viewers they go the redemption route (because we will not like them otherwise :rolleyes: ). Next thing you know, said person is good and therefore boring and is replaced with the next scheming hotshot/vixen.

Archived