Revenge: Discussion Thread

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Because it actually has potential and it's a very enjoyable, solid hour of entertainment. Van Camp and Stowe are amazing in it, there are some interesting characters/faces and it is very nicely shot. Will it catch on? Maybe yes, maybe not, but at least it stands a chance.

I think previewing the pilot like that can definitely cause good word of mouth.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

Saw a live-action version of the promo poster at my mall yesterday. The promotion for this show is seriously out of control, lol. If they use some clips beyond the pilot for the commercials, maybe they can lure more people in but I'm sick to death of seeing the same 30 shots in varying positions 10 times an hour.

• Members

Finally watched this. It took me a while, but I liked it. Didn't even recognize Buffy's Marcus Blucas as Emily/Amanda's dad. I'm not completely sold--some things I wasn't sure about (I mean she's SOO clever--but maybe we'll find out why she is and that's why she was locked up, the revelation about her being the waitress who served the soup left me a bit weird, I guess I wanted to see how she got the uniform and nametag from the waitress, though maybe she used some of her vast money--but she certainly thought up that plan quickly on the spot). But I'll keep watching. Creator/showrunner Mike Kelly also created Swingtown, which was far from a perfect show but one I enjoyed, though I know nobody else who even watched it. He has said that every single question and mystery raised in the pilot will be answered by episode 13, so I guess it'll remain to be seen how they can grow the show past its initial premise--if they manage to get that far.

• Members

OLTL_fan, thank you for answering my question.

Although I'm really enjoying this show, I do wonder how realistic of a portrayl it is. Are the rich who live in the Hamptons really this shallow and status conscious?

Edited by Max