CBS Fall 2011 Schedule

• Members

Yeah, I don't know how violent The 2-2 (awful name, please change again) is going to be. They could put Blue Bloods or CSI: NY at 8pm, if NCIS can go at 8pm, CSI: NY should, maybe with a bit of tweaking.

I hope they give Person of Interest a good slot as well.

I tell ya, move Big Bang to that Thursday 9pm slot and CBS will win it. :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People want to blame that on William Petersen's departure, but I feel like the decline was inevitable. Primetime shows aren't like soaps. They don't have as long of a shelf life. Especially when the show-in-question is one that (like "C.S.I.") was a hit early on. Conversely, "NCIS" was more of a "sleeper hit" for the network, and now it's enjoying success at a time when it probably should be winding down.

I'll still give "A Gifted Man" a shot b/c I flove Patrick Wilson enough...but w/ the announcement that Neal Baer's going to be show-runner, my patience will be short, and my expectations low.

• Members

I think William Petersen leaving didn't help things & probably sped up the show's ratings decline, you're right, Peterson or no Peterson, show was going to decline anyways. In fact, Peterson returned for an episode this season & they no bumb, so I don't think even if Peterson returned full-time it would solve the show's ratings problems (but would make the show MUCH more watchable, Fishborune's character IS a dud).

• Members

My reaction:

Sunday: Smart to move Good Wife to go against a weakening Desperate Housewives, take down ABC's Sunday Anchor. Flove you CBS :wub: I don't think GW shared much auidence with the NCIS twins, hopefully it can grow on Sunday. Downside/Risk will be those NFL overruns that will screw up the start times often in the fall.

Monday: Not much change. Hopefully Kutcher can keep 2.5 Men (and the entire Monday comedy lineup) afloat. I heard good things about Two Broke Girls.

Tuesday: Not much change. Unforgettable should fit it with the NCIS twins.

Wednesdays: Not much change. CSI should be fine in it's new spot.

Thursday: I really wanted Big Bang at 9pm, but I new they wouldn't. Oh well, hopefully HOW to be a Gentleman does well, I heard good things about it as well. CBS must have a lot of confidence in Person of Interest to give the old CSI plum spot.

Friday: Don't like A Gifted Man getting the Friday 8pm death slot. CBS wants a medical drama, but this one isn't going to last here I suspect.

Biggest surprise/WTF: Rules of Engagement on SATURDAY? This next season will bring the show to syndication numbers, so I take it this is to burn off the show, rather than CBS testing the waters for scripted programing on Saturdays again.

Overall, a great schedule. CBS knows how to program. Plug holes where they need to plugged, and uses lead-ins from existing hits to develop new hits. ABC and NBC should take notes.

• Members

I've never watched Rules of Engagement and really don't care one way or the other about it, but I really want it to be very successful on Saturdays, just to prove that Saturdays can work, especially for CBS. But then again, demographics...ugh. I'd love to see a new Western-type show there.

• Administrator

I don't think DH should be scared of TGW's low-to-mid 2's in demos. But I hope TGW will do slightly better than they are now.

Yeah, apparently TBG was the highest tested show since 1994.

Moving TWG could potentially be good news for Parenthood - many people speculated that they shared the same audience and it hurt both shows.

Love that CBS has confidence in POI. I just hope it will be able to find an audience since it's not a typical CBS crime show - JJ Abrams and Jonathan Nolan aren't the type to do what everyone else is doing. I'm very cautious. *Fingers crossed*

• Members

yeah, I don't think GW is going to "kill" DH, but DH was been weakening, so I think CBS sees an opening for them they're taking it. I hope GW does really well.

Person of Interest is different from the other CBS shows, but apparently it's one of the best tested drama's CBS has had in a while. I'm sure CBS is going to promote the heck out it. yeah, fingers crossed.

I'm with you All My Shaddows, I don't watch Rules either, but I do hope it does decent so that maybe CBS will think about scripted programming on Saturday. CBS is the only one in a position that they actually could.

• Members

Just saw the trailers. As whole, I think CBS does them the best. Showing the cast & crew talk about the show in between the clips. Gives you a real good sense what each show is about.

A Gifted Man: I think it looks interesting, but I see this as the first show CBS cancels. I just don't see it finding an audience.

How To be A Gentlman: I didn't laugh all that much, but I DO still like the premise. Hopefully having the post BBT slot it can do well.

Person of Interest: Probably the drama I'm most interested in this fall. Looks great.

Two Broke Girls: Show looked funny. Love the premise. Sort of a modern Laverne & Shirley. I dig it.

Unforgettable: I love me some Poppy Montgomery. I hope this one succeeds.

Archived