Characters Who Had TWO Great Romances

• Members

Ok, maybe Carly/Mike weren't the great love of each other's lives but I LOVED MW's Carly and SC's Mike together. Yeah, she was the one chasing him while he was hung up on Rosanna mostly, but I loved the story and them together. Maura West (and even Shawn Christian) sold it for me.

As for Mike/Katie, sorry, but Matie were a HUGE couple and probably my fave pairing ever for Katie. I loved all the Montana stuff, with them getting together while helping Jack & Carly along in their wedding. To me, they were a great love story and huge romance, moreso than Brad/Katie, which always seemed forced to me. IMO, TC never had more chemistry with another actor than she did with Collier and Leyden.

Agree on who Carly loved. I HATED Mike/Rosanna from jump and probably feel the same about them that you do about Mike/Katie. Just a poor, poor coupling and Carly breathed life into their storyline. IMO, Mike/Carly were always the money couple.

Absolutely. I definitely was referencing SC's Mike & Carly, not Collier's.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Easton - Port Charles - Caleb Morley with two other personas - Father Michael Morley and Stephen Clay

All were unique personas played masterfully by Michael.

• Members

Adding my two cents:

AMC:

Adam & Brooke / Adam & Liza (which resulted out of Adam's determination to get Brooke back)

Palmer & Daisy / Palmer & Opal

Hayley & Brian / Hayley & Mateo

GH:

Lucy & Scott / Lucy & Kevin

Luke & Laura / Luke & Tracy (I actually find Luke and Tracy more viable than Luke and Laura due to the character interaction)

Now, heading into choppy waters...

(SJB's) Carly & Jason, (TB's) Carly & Sonny

• Members

Duncan McKechnie had two great loves on ATWT: Shannon O'Hara and Jessica Griffin. They were totally different in almost every way. Shannon was spontaneous, fiery, wacky, emotional. Jess was sophisticated, logical, smart as a whip. It was ironic that Duncan ended up with NEITHER woman at the end.

Although I loved the character of Jessica, I think Shannon was Duncan's true soul mate. They had a chemistry that just jumped off the screen. Duncan and Jess were popular with fans, but they seemed more like brother and sister to me.

• Members

I liked Duncan and Shannon a lot when I began watching ATWT (I'm trying to forget her 1994 return), and looking back at the old episodes on Youtube, I still do, but I must say that I find Marland's writing for them baffling. They were apart for fairly long amounts of time, and while this doesn't compare to the long separations of some soap couples, it was longer than any other "meant to be" couples under his pen, when both actors stayed on the show. Even Lily/Holden and Tom/Margo. At one point Duncan and Shannon were apart for over a year, in which time she miscarried another man's child and had a serious relationship with that man's brother. By that point, if I was watching on a daily basis and not through clips, I might have said, "It's time to move on."

Archived