OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A reminder to soap writers that great drama in a relationship does not have to come from a former lover coming back from the dead or a doppleganger or a convoluted scheme by a psycho.
There is great organic drama to mine from any relationship if you pick at it. 

• Members

#PC's Ian Thornhart & #OLTL's Patrick Thornhart were brothers. They had a sister named Granya who was played by Susan Haskell who also played Marty Sayebrook on OLTL who was Patrick's wife. So Patrick married a woman who resembled his dead sister. That is weird.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Peter DeAnda

Appeared in what was to be the fourth Mystery in the NBC MYSTERY THEATER series that included COLUMBO, McMILLAN AND WIFE, and  McCLOUD, but was not picked up.  His series was to be called CUTTER.  Here's the pilot in which he appears as Frank Cutter.  1972

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The actor in the second picture from the corner (top right) I believe is James Storm.  James was the second actor to play the role of Dr. Larry Wolek, taking it over from Paul Tulley in the fall of 1968.  

When James’ brother Michael was taking over the role in the early part of 1969, the writers had Larry become injured in a fire at the hospital.  Naturally, he had burns to his face.  When the bandages were removed after the plastic surgery, it was Michael playing the role.  I think I saw James on Dark Shadows for a while .

Incidentally, Larry’s sister Anna met her future husband Dr Jim Craig during this time.  I believe that the actor change from Robert Milli to Nat Polen took place shortly after Anna and Jim started to become friends.

• Members

Sorry that this is a reply to a long ago question, but I’m just now discovering this board.  

My recollection is that Meredith died several years before Victor.  After Meredith’s death, Larry Wolek and his son Dan moved from Llanfair to live with Larry’s sister Anna and her husband Dr. Jim Craig.

There was a reading of Victor’s will, and if I remember correctly, Dan did receive a very small inheritance, as did Larry.  Larry may have used some of the money to pay for Dan’s education and for the down payment on the house that he and Karen moved into…

• Members

Erika Slezak made a point of saying she thought it was nonsense when Dan was reintroduced as a working-class doctor in the '80s, because she said she was there for the scenes of the will reading and remembered how much money was left to Dan. I don't know who's right on that one.