OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

Kari Wuhrer sued GH/ABC for being fired due to her pregnancy under JFP's watch. That case was settled out of court, IIRC.

I didn't know that MW said anything negative about JFP while on GL. They had such success together on SB, so GL must have been a bad experience.

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I believe Marcy Walker felt that JFP had uses her (Mw) to keep her job as EP.

I thought JFP did a lot of damage to OLTL during her tenure: the women became hysterical and desperate for men. The women were os dumbed down but Erika Slezak thought she was wonderful. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Now, Tony Lord is one character I wish OLTL had brought back from the dead.

I wish the show had done a storyline where Viki decided to pen her memoirs.  If only because I know we would've had SOME flashbacks.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Lucia was the fourth (after George Reinholt, Jimmy Jontz, and Philip McHale).

Jontz only appeared briefly after GR departed. TPTB said at the time that they wanted a "WOW!" actor to replace GR, but it quickly became apparent JJ was not it. PM was not particularly great either, alas, but CL was the worst by far. The show should have known better than to attempt replacing GR.

Pat was kidnapped by the psycho Kyle (seen in this new clip talking to Ed), but as the Tonys came and went, and particularly after the character died, she did not get much story focus. Courtney had no chemistry with any of the replacement actors. Her best chemistry was with Tom Fuccello who played her husband Paul Kendall, but the show decided not to go there. She was tested with Michael Zaslow when he first arrived, and had great sparks, but ABC mysteriously decided to dump her and David was then paired with Jenny Vernon.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

In my opinion, Philip MacHale was EXCELLENT as Tony, although I admit that he was very different from

George Reinholt.

I, too, was not aware of Jimmy Jontz's time as Tony on the show.

I had not thought of Michael Zaslow as Tony.   I think that David/Pat would have made more sense than David/Jenny.  Unless I am mistaken, Jenny was written out with Mr. Zaslow.  Pat could just as easily left with him.  I suspect that it had to do with contracts.   Maybe Brynn Thayer contract was to expire in a certain amount of time, but Jacqueline Courtney's was expiring around the time of Michael Zaslow's introduction.  The show could have signed Ms. Courtney for additional time, but perhaps that would have been too expensive.

Ms. Courtney was, in my opinion, simply AWFUL in the Pat/Maggie storyline!   I suspect that this may have contributed to her contract not being renewed.

• Members

Was George gone before Robin joined the show? I know Robin had scenes with Jacquie, just wondering if there was any point where they tried to strike Another World gold. The Dorian and Tony relationship seemed to be a rich one but I think it was Pinkerton who had the most involvement with that storyline.