OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

I think Jontz may have been a temporary stopgap when Reinholt left the show. At the time, Tony was involved in a serious accident and had a heavily bandaged face in the hospital for a while. I remember another actor for a short while in the bandages, but when they came off it was MacHale.  Interesting, when you do a Google or IMDB search, a Jimmy Jontz doesn't come up as an actor.

As for Strasser, she was offered the role of Cathy Craig during that time, more than likely to replicate the AW dynamic. As it was, Cathy did for a certain extent play the Rachel role between Tony and Pat.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Or maybe it was because she was an enormously popular, award-winning actress with a huge fan base. Erica Slezak, Michael Storm, and many others had their contracts too, and I haven't heard about them being involved with any of the producers.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

My feeling is that very few performers are not replaceable.   The character of Tony was an important part of the One Life to Live story.  Tony should have been cast with other actors after the departure of Mr. Reinholt.      I suspect that the show thought that, maybe, Mr. Reinholt would later return, but that did not happen.

Why did Mr. MacHale leave this show?   Was it his choosing to leave, or did the show not want him any longer?

• Members

Thanks for finding this episode. 

Is that Mia Korf in the toothpaste commercial at 21 minutes?

The strongest material is probably Gabrielle and Max marrying. JDP and Fiona had more of a connection, but Walker and Fiona also had a very strong, dark chemistry, The whole "God is cursing me" stuff with Gabrielle in this period always feels like piling melodrama onto the character, but Fiona plays all of it beautifully. Her chemistry with Father Tony is also a pretty interesting side aspect to the story (I wish the show had done more with him but I guess Gottlieb wouldn't want two angst-ridden, sexy ministers on the show). Walker and the woman who played Andy work so well together. 

On paper I get why Dan acts the way he does about living in the home of Michael Grande, but the execution and performance just makes him look bratty. It also makes Brenda look like a complete idiot. Why does she have a wedding photo with Michael (a wedding where she was drugged out of her mind) in her desk? Why is she using WINE GLASSES WITH HIS INITIALS ON THEM IN BIG ASS LETTERS? 

The Badderly stuff is just so weird - so much emphasis on hijinks and wackiness while trying to take down a drug cartel. Say what you will about DAYS, but they didn't have so much focus on Hope acting like she was from Lil Abner in the middle of their Miami Vice homages in the mid-80s. As much as I love Jessica Tuck, the most interesting part of this was probably the dynamic between Charlotte and Johnny Dee. 

(Audrey Landers also looks gorgeous throughout this episode) 

Why does the way Sarah is dressed and behaves here reminding me of how Jensen initially played Vicky Love? 

Did that bird fly all the way from Badderly to Llanview. And Jake...swam there? Was there a tropical island near Pennsylvania? 

The show isn't bad, per se, but you can see most of the positive qualities which Peggy O'Shea and later Michael Schnessel brought to the show were gone and it just feels kind of empty and very confused as to what it wants to be. Too many different Rauch eras on top of each other, squeezing out what's left behind.

Edited by DRW50

Yes! That's the original Blair. Really loved Mia Korf in the role. Not that i hated KDP's Blair. But Blair being Eurasian one min and the next min a white southern woman of Northern European ancestry was really strange. I'm not the biggest fan of the Badderly Island story. This coming from someone that 's a huge fan of Paul Rauch's era. Badderly went on for the entire summer. Still is great to see all these wonderful characters again. Charlotte was only written as an obstacle for Jake & Megan. I wish they would've done more with AL.  Rauch's last yrs aren't as strong. As his early yrs. Loved seeing Father Tony. I wish they would've kept him too. Love seeing Gabby with Julia and Debra. They all look like their related. They never did much with the original Andy. Really liked her. NW was pretty good as New Max. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I've thought the same. Instead of that dumbass Victor Lord is alive [!@#$%^&*] in 2003/2004 they should have brought Tony back. Trevor St. John should have been revealed as Victor then and Howarth should have stuck around and not killed anything I ever once liked about him as the worst recast ever on ATWT. But I digress ...